Interesting T-Mobile MVNO: 35orless.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of using this T-Mobile MVNO named 35orless.
Very new, but seems to be very interesting. There have been a couple positive feedback on this provider on HowardForums, although the duration of the reviewers on the plan has been extremely short. Waiting for them to update their experience before signing up.
What makes them unique is that you will never pay more than $35 (and possibly less) for:
unlimited talk/unlimited text/unlimited data(but throttled after 500mb), with roaming on partner networks.
I think this would be great for those who have good T-mobile coverage in their area, but want to lower the cost of their service.

So what's the catch? What can they do to you or your account/what are you giving up so that they are willing to extend superior pricing?

I had t mobile, voicestream was my first cellphone... I liked them, but I wanted an iphone so I went to ATT. Id jump back if service and a few localities were covered well. One of these days perhaps.

This might be a good way to give it a try... since it wont cost much to have an extra device (assuming no contract) to take in parallel for a while...

I am not sure what the catch is....hopefully none. That is why I am still waiting for the early adopters to update their reviews. It is no contract, but only uses "T-mobile phones". I was going to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Light....budget smartphone with good specs (from QVC only $150)to bring into this plan. What made it catch my eye was the unlimited everything and they claim to offer both voice and data roaming all for $35 or less.

Does it still require a 2-year contract? If you are not signing a contract, there is nothing preventing them from jacking the rates up in six months.

FWIW I have T mobile unlimited talk text web throttled at 2gb per month for 50 bucks. Everything about it is good except the coverage. You would really want to talk to someone with tmobile before you switch over to them.

I moved from ATT because the plan also allows teathering. 2gb with teathering from them would have been 40 or so a month more expensive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
Does it still require a 2-year contract? If you are not signing a contract, there is nothing preventing them from jacking the rates up in six months.

This is a no contract plan. So if they ever start charging over 35....then I can move onto another provider.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
FWIW I have T mobile unlimited talk text web throttled at 2gb per month for 50 bucks. Everything about it is good except the coverage. You would really want to talk to someone with tmobile before you switch over to them.

I agree that researching coverage is important. I think that with the native T-mobile coverage combined with roaming partners may provide better coverage.

By the way there's a "fight" going on now between AT&T and T-Mobile. Both are offering to pay ETFs if you come to them from their competitor.
(From a few WSJ articles)
AT&T will pay up to $450 for a customer who switches from T-Mobile.

Under AT&T's plan, T-Mobile customers can get a $200 credit per line when they switch to AT&T. In addition, they can get an AT&T gift card of as much as $250 for trading in their smartphones.

The gift card can be used on AT&T products and services or to pay an AT&T wireless bill. Customers must stay with AT&T for 90 days before receiving the $200 credit. The offer isn't available to customers who buy a subsidized smartphone from AT&T.

T-Mobile countered that offer Wednesday, saying it would pay people as much as $650—with as much as $350 of that in the form of a MasterCard gift card—to switch to T-Mobile from any carrier.

I am happy with H2O and AiO - both are AT&T. More at All Prepaid Have AT&T proper as well. Jumped Verizon as in my area they were the worst for voice. Still have Verizon Mi-Fi and happy with it. Depends on your priorities and area.

Quote:

My gal & I have the same plan. We seldom travel and have a good strong signal in the house and around the city. We went to this plan long prior to TM going non contract and have been very satisfied with it. My problem with them was auto-pay where each month they charge my credit card. They would charge the card, send me a "paid" message, then cut my phone off
mad.gif
I now pay through Comfi and no problems

I've been researching this provider for the past few days and I have to say I'm very impressed with their customer service and that they actually listen to ideas presented by their customers. Read through the HowardForums thread mentioned in the OP and you'll see that someone from 35orless has been providing info and answering everyone's questions with real responses and not the canned CS answers you get from outsourced departments. They've made several major changes to their startup processes based on customer feedback from that thread. When they can't do something, they explain why in plain English.

I exchanged 8 or 9 emails with the CS rep yesterday and the response was very quick. Unfortunately for my application, they can't port existing T-Mobile numbers due to some requirements by T-Mobile. If they had been able to do it, I would be trying them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back