Interesting Fuel Inventory/Grade Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
interesting. either 89 is popular, or they are choosing not to resupply with 89.

When I was a kid I pumped gas at my uncles esso station. there were trucks for diesel,regular 87 and premium 91. There is no 89 octane. It's blended at the pump,in a 1/1 ratio to achieve 89 octane. I doubt very much it has changed.
So they don't actually make an 89 octane.

Around here, some stations have the "six pack" dispensers with one nozzle per grade. These do not have a blending valve in the dispenser and must have a separate 89 tank. Pretty rare now.
Most stations have gone to uni-hose dispensers and blending valves (much less hanging hardware to service/maintain/test).

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
interesting. either 89 is popular, or they are choosing not to resupply with 89.

When I was a kid I pumped gas at my uncles esso station. there were trucks for diesel,regular 87 and premium 91. There is no 89 octane. It's blended at the pump,in a 1/1 ratio to achieve 89 octane. I doubt very much it has changed.
So they don't actually make an 89 octane.

I worked for a gas station recently for four years and only had two tanks, 87 and 89. Ours was blended at the terminal. Most 89 octane is e10 around here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back