Interesting find inside an old can of Rislone

I found an old can of Rislone 710 (probably circa 2004) in my garage and I opened it for S&G just to see what it looked like (never planned on using it and dumped it into my used oil bucket) and there was a dead fly floating in the top of the can! It was clearly sealed inside the can when it was made and had been inside for quite some time. It was submerged in the additive like a bug inside amber lol. Makes you wonder about their quality control practices back then.

You do need a backup to plug those gouges where only the thick oil cannot help anymore:devilish:

Better that then the mouse foot my pal got in a can of Iron City beer.
Haha I can top that one. When we got our new house the previous owners left behind what I thought was a bucket of used oil. I took it to the dealership I work at to dump into one of the techs' oil drains and there were at least 12 dead mice drowned in the bottom of the oil!

Haha I can top that one. I was priming the domestic water system during a Spring house opening. The hand dug shallow well was matched to a century old Deming pump. As I poured I could smell something foul. It wasn't until the first 5 gallon jerry jug was 2/3 empty that I decided to use the additional jugs of prime water and dumped the first jug's dregs.
I saw that I poured the bodies of 4 fat field mice which had horribly decomposed into the family's house water.
Cripplingly nauseating. As I type here I cannot think of anything more disgusting in my life.
I could see the faintest 2 to 3 inches of remaining spines in the dregs.

Haha I can top that one. I was priming the domestic water system during a Spring house opening. The hand dug shallow well was matched to a century old Deming pump. As I poured I could smell something foul. It wasn't until the first 5 gallon jerry jug was 2/3 empty that I decided to use the additional jugs of prime water and dumped the first jug's dregs.
I saw that I poured the bodies of 4 fat field mice which had horribly decomposed into the family's house water.
Cripplingly nauseating. As I type here I cannot think of anything more disgusting in my life.
I could see the faintest 2 to 3 inches of remaining spines in the dregs.
Alright you win. Yuck! I regret reading that on my lunch break lol.

Makes you think it's a good idea to use some sort of a filter or strainer when pouring fluids into oil and transmission fills. I've got an old fine mesh filter, and might use that in the future. Rare, sure, but any debris could have gotten into a bottle somehow.

You know this is interesting. I work in a chemical processing plant and there's really no feasible way to keep flying insects out of the production area. It must have flown by as the bottle was being poured up, or perhaps was in the bottle upon arrival to the plant, assuming they filter properly.

Back