Intake valve deposits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RL and Amsoils fuel additives are very similar in being equally ineffective in upping MPG, they will clean a bit, good detergency, but like many other adds used in a fuel diluting unit ( very common for a variety of reasons) they will react with softer alloys in the engine. Showing higher lead, copper,tin, al,levels.

Mostly they are a waste of money from an oil analysis point of view. Some of my customers run PI and SI because they just choose to or have lots of old product on hand. I aim them to FP or if they are resistant then Techron concentrate, whether they follow that advice is up to them.

Maybe if Amsoil or Redline would contact LCD,inc they could cut a deal and you could buy FP60 or FP3000 from them!

Since when does FP60 significantly increase fuel mileage?

Terry what fuel additives did you use before FP60?

I thought Redline SI-1 had polyether amines like gummout regane, and some other products.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
RL and Amsoils fuel additives are very similar in being equally ineffective in upping MPG, they will clean a bit, good detergency, but like many other adds used in a fuel diluting unit ( very common for a variety of reasons) they will react with softer alloys in the engine. Showing higher lead, copper,tin, al,levels.

based on (1) oil test from Amsoil (OIA), you are correct. My Lead almost doubled with Amsoil PI, last time I used it.

Been using LC20/Fp60 and just bought some ARX..See what happens. I respect Frank's and your advise.

[ July 04, 2006, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: mburnickas ]

04SpecV, you will see a MPG gain with FP60 ( as many unrelated users have shared here), before seeing a gain with other adds. Primarily through cleaning but also from reducing retarding of timing advance. Absolutley true not every user will. FP3000 should be an improvement over that if you can ever procure it.

I tested (remember I am using oil analysis results and recorded MPG figures) most every fuel add that you could name, for my customers I would generally recommend Techron before I met Odis Beaver. However I am always looking for a better "hammer" in all aspects of automotive fuels and oils.

I don't know the whole chemistries of every individual fuel add, I haven't worked for all the makers. What I am reporting is what I see in oil analysis in engines that used certain fuel adds, that when diluting, the bearing and softer metals wear would increase. FP60 in that type situation does not cause that effect.

As I stated some of my customers use other fuel adds including Regane and S1 and show no problems. Nor do they report or do I see major drops in UOA oxidation, nitration, insolubles, and reported MPG improvements.

I was asked to back off my recommendations ( publicly ) of LC/FP and Auto-RX because the newer members would think I am selling them. Maybe I should. Many of you do not understand where I am coming from. I am independent and own my independent oil analysis/tribological consulting firm.

Most of the advice you get here aside from Molakule, and I is from an employee,salesman, etc, of a oil company or a company, entity that tests or produces products related to fuels or lubes.

I own and run Dyson Analysis and am beholden to no brand. I am restricted by secrecy and non disclosure so I am careful what I share.

Please do consider the source of whatever you decide to believe.

Mechtech, fuel chemistries are changed again in the last 6 months so the jury is out on the current formulas using replacements for removed MTBE. Solvency and sustaining it is still a problem. Long term a really big probem. I do see fuels go "stale" in a week or so.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Maybe if Amsoil or Redline would contact LCD,inc they could cut a deal and you could buy FP60 or FP3000 from them!

Now that would be
cool.gif
, but I have NO problem buying it direct. Come on, LC, release the FP3000 already!!
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Redline & Techron concentrate both work, but they will not increase gas mileage (unless you have very dirty injectors) the way FP60 does.

FP works.....but you have to have the correct ounce per gallon/FP ratio in your tank.

Ive been using FP60 for the past year now and no noticeable change in gas milage but i continue to use it.

Does the Lucas UCL (Upper Cylinder Lubricant) work as well as the FP60 for both cleaning and improving mileage? Thanks. Jon

Well can anyone else confirm that Redline SI-1 contains polyether amines, and is not anyway similar to AMSOIL PI?

is SI2 the new version?

i checked my oil this morning and noticed sludge on the dipstick...and drove it to work anyway...ouch???

that 12 oz of seafoam (yes, in the crankcase) might be over the top. 40 miles 'til she gets to rest tonight...
then i either drive to/from work tomorrow or let it sit until saturday for a fresh oil change.

SI-2 is the stuff in the single use bottles. It's probably the same stuff that comes in the bigger SI-1 bottles. For some reason, Redline does not have an MSDS on SI-1 (probably because it is the same as SI-2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back