Insurance company refuses to provide breakdown of value on totaled vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding of it is, your insurance rate is based on their chart of estimated value when a matter of being totalled rather than repaired, before it ever has a claim filed. If you are paying for $X value vehicle insurance, this factors into their payout. If you want insured for a specific, higher vehicle value, that is a different insurance plan and rate which will (usually) cost more. I could be wrong, always good to read your policy to see exactly what it states.

Yes, it is a trade secret how they estimate and negotiate, and I wouldn't expect a line item estimate, but I would expect it to be higher for a higher trim level vehicle, considering the huge variability in different trims for trucks, and now SUVs too.

It is unfortunate, that many of us here take good care of our vehicles, better than the average owner and they are worth more to us because often in better condition than most, especially considering that DIY repairs can keep something on the road when it would otherwise have high expense to do so which factors into vehicle depreciation.

Reactions: GON
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back