Installed a MotoMaster oil filter this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I decided to install an economy filter on the Civic this evening.

Out was an M1-110 used for two OCI and approx ~11k miles (need to verify this). I plan to cut it open when I have time and see how well it held up. I have another M1-110 in my stash.

The MotoMaster filter is made by FRAM and is painted red without the textured grip. It's at 94% efficiency. Microns somewhat unknown though customer Q&A section on the Canadian Tire website claims up to 15 microns. You can't find this anywhere on the box or on the information display at the store.

The info display at the store also says the RCOD is good to up to 3750 miles vs 5k miles for the OCOD. Meanwhile the RCOD box indicates it meets the OEM spec. I'll run it for the length of the OCI and pull it out when I change the oil. Expected OCI is 6k miles.

I'll report back when I cut it open, probably in 4-5 months time.

The box clearly states that it meets OEM requirements, so I will run it for the full OCI.

There is conflicting information -- on the info display (seen at stores only), it states 94% efficiency and up to 3750 miles, but the box clearly states it meets OEM requirements. My OEM requirement is the OLM. The Civic is a clean engine and easy on oil, so I have no concerns running it for the full interval.

I agree I'd expect it to be fine that is somewhat typical filter manufacturer double speak.

That will be an interesting filter to see cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back