Injector RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anyone notice the new forum sponsor, Injector RX out of TX? Anyone used them before? Anyone ever had their injectors cleaned? Exactly what solvent, aqueous, or semi-aqueous solution do they use to clean the parts?

Folks on the BMW boards have used them. Happy with the results.

One could search the roadfly E30 boards to get some comments, I suppose.

They are part of Engine Logics, a very popular and well-regarded Subaru & others engine/racecar preparation shop. Plus, they are local to me, so looks like they get the push for business as they support BITOG. I was going to go over there today, but a shopping trip with the wife and new baby ran long.

I use the Eye-Rx ultrasonic contact lens cleaner device and Eye-Rx fluid.
wink.gif

Why is this in additives??
54.gif
You'll have people thinking it's something you pour in the tank
LOL.gif

We need a sponsor poster to tell us of all the in's and out's of the injector refurbishing market. Flow matching .. most frequent problem ..most problem prone injectors ...

I'm sure the site covers all of this ..but we always want more.

I can't speak for InjectorRX, but the last time I researched injector cleaning, one of the outfits mentioned using a solvent mix that is mostly Xylene, plus ultrasonics and reverse flow.

One thing most DIYers can't do is check spray pattern and flow balance among the injectors.

I just got back 4 injectors from Injector RX out of Houston, TX and I am VERY dissatisfied with them!
I ordered their "Long Term Storage Prep" service and they did not do it, they just gave me the basic "Clean & Flow" service (and charged me only for that service).
Only 2 of my 4 injectors passed the resistance and inductance test, so they only serviced the 2 good ones. They state that they clean the exterior of the injectors and remove rust ... mine were not. My injectors still had exterior dirt (that I could scrape off with my finger nail) and there was still rust on the metal casings. They only replaced the rubber o-ring, and re-used my old, dirty rubber seals. in fact, one rubber seal was still firmly stuck onto the base of my injector. It was apparent that it wasn't removed during the cleaning process.
But the worst part was that they broke the 2 good injectors when they installed the internal seals at the fuel pressure inlet (not sure of the 'technical' name). If I could figure out how to post pictures, I'd post one of the damage.
So now I'm currently out $52.00 and have 4 paperweights.
I'll follow up if they come through and rectify their poor service.

Originally Posted By: kciRsnurB
I just got back 4 injectors from Injector RX out of Houston, TX and I am VERY dissatisfied with them!
I ordered their "Long Term Storage Prep" service and they did not do it, they just gave me the basic "Clean & Flow" service (and charged me only for that service).
Only 2 of my 4 injectors passed the resistance and inductance test, so they only serviced the 2 good ones. They state that they clean the exterior of the injectors and remove rust ... mine were not. My injectors still had exterior dirt (that I could scrape off with my finger nail) and there was still rust on the metal casings. They only replaced the rubber o-ring, and re-used my old, dirty rubber seals. in fact, one rubber seal was still firmly stuck onto the base of my injector. It was apparent that it wasn't removed during the cleaning process.
But the worst part was that they broke the 2 good injectors when they installed the internal seals at the fuel pressure inlet (not sure of the 'technical' name). If I could figure out how to post pictures, I'd post one of the damage.
So now I'm currently out $52.00 and have 4 paperweights.
I'll follow up if they come through and rectify their poor service.

Give site sponsor Hurst Injector Service a call. Or send board member Trav a PM he owns the company, he's a true pro, takes pride in his work, and will set you straight. HTH

Quote:
they broke the 2 good injectors when they installed the internal seals at the fuel pressure inlet

How are they broken? Are they cracked?
What engine do these go into?
How did the engine run prior to sending them in?

If any fail the Ohm or impedance test they are disqualified from servicing.
You can test the ohms at home easily, using the low scale of a VOM touch the two terminals on the injector.
Post the results of each one if you would.

Well, InjectorRX made me 'whole' by providing me w/ 2 refurbished injectors from Motor Man ( http://injectors4u.com/injector_prices.htm ) & I returned the 2 that they said were 'good' that I thought they damaged. After looking at their prices, they beat out anything else I could find. Also, their refurbished injectors were much better than what I received from InjectorRX ... all rubber was replaced (not re-used) and all external metal was bright & shiny w/ no corrosion remaining, unlike my previous experience ...
Hope that helps someone with their future experience!

- Yes, they are both cracked. One had the new filter basket seated way below flush and had the biggest crack. The other one was seated flush and had a hairline crack. Guy said they don't have the original replacement parts/seals and they definitely were different from the 2 OEM filter basket seals ... OEM was brass, replacement were a combo of rubber and brass.
- '93 Nissan KA24E 2.4l
- Engine ran fine, though failed emissions testing & #1 plug would be black/sooty, #4 plug would have heavy build up. Replaced w/ 4 new injectors and sent out the 4 old ones for cleaning to have on hand for spares. 2 failed Ohm & inductance test, so weren't cleaned. After 4 new injectors, emissions test passed and mileage went up appreciably.
- Resistance / Inductance
#1: 10.6 / 11.1
#2: 12.1 / 15.1
#3: 12.1 / 15.1
#4: 21.0 / 0.9

Well, InjectorRX made me 'whole' by providing me w/ 2 refurbished injectors from Motor Man ( http://injectors4u.com/injector_prices.htm ) & I returned the 2 that they said were 'good' that I thought they damaged. After looking at their prices, they beat out anything else I could find. Also, their refurbished injectors were much better than what I received from InjectorRX ... all rubber was replaced (not re-used) and all external metal was bright & shiny w/ no corrosion remaining, unlike my previous experience ...
Hope that helps someone with their future experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back