Increasing hostility on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed more tension between family members and on social media. I think it's people sitting at computer screens, zinging each other rather than talking like they normally would. I think the elections amped things up too.

Wow, that's right up there with people posting links to things that are inaccurate, misapplied, unvetted etc. ( as if a link itself is some measurement of fact or truth to be accepted at the expense of everything else) and don't have the personal knowledge for a respectful and intelligent conversation so they just throw tantrums and obfuscate until the lock comes so they can run and hide until the next time.

Those types usually resort to hiding their own personal ignorance behind their arrogance in very subtle ways.

Those types are also here in abundance
What's pretty hilarious are people who claim to be some kind of super guru that never post up any links or info supporting their convoluted often misconceived claims. And when someone does post up info with links, there is always the egomaniac that just discounts it as bogus without even backing up his claims why it's not true or accurate. :LOL:

What's pretty hilarious are people who claim to be some kind of super guru that never post up any links or info supporting their convoluted often misconceived claims. And when someone does post up info with links, there is always the egomaniac that just discounts it as bogus without even backing up his claims why it's not true or accurate. :LOL:
Yes but when you question that You're hostile! 🥱

I think there has been less hostility on this site, honestly. I haven't seen any.

Ever notice those who talk in circles never actually disprove or otherwise correct those alleged 'convoluted or misconceived' claims? That's the funny part- they 'claim" those posts are "wrong' and all that but they never actually show what was 'wrong' then clarify what "right" really is so all the strength of their positions just dissipate like rising smoke at that point.

Its called projecting then running away. Kinda like a drive by victory while getting out as fast as possible because the counter arguments are so weak they don't even merit presentation.

I notice link posters with no actual subject knowledge do that frequently because frankly its all they have.

None of you looks any better in this lamentation than he looked on the spot. Eternal speed dating – extended version...

Consider two more buttons next to infamous "ignore": One to present a bouquet and a third to enable purchase of ammo. I'd always love to wear a butt for the laden undead.

Consider two more buttons next to infamous "ignore": One to present a bouquet and a third to enable purchase of ammo. I'd always love to wear a butt for the laden undead.
I have struggled to understand this post.

Without success...

Is this a Google translate fail?

What is a “butt for the laden undead”?

Why would someone love to wear it?

I have struggled to understand this post.

Without success...

Is this a Google translate fail?

What is a “butt for the laden undead”?

Why would someone love to wear it?
Yes I chuckled at the “butt for the laden undead”. Sounds like the title of a particularly bad Svengoolie movie on Saturday night.

The Forum would make the money from sales, I'd wear the butt or target or whatever it's called that takes the hit position and some laden undead would fire the sense out of themselves. The few alternative bouquets to promote love and understanding that way could probably be arranged for free inbetween. Just wo more buttons and a financing scheme to make something out of the mess ;-) Explicit graphics & much love...

The Forum would make the money from sales, I'd wear the butt or target or whatever it's called that takes the hit position and some laden undead would fire the sense out of themselves. The few alternative bouquets to promote love and understanding that way could probably be arranged for free inbetween. Just wo more buttons and a financing scheme to make something out of the mess ;-) Explicit graphics & much love...

In this lamentation?

I feel like the thread linked below is a good example of what this site is attempting to address:

Ever notice those who talk in circles never actually disprove or otherwise correct those alleged 'convoluted or misconceived' claims? That's the funny part- they 'claim" those posts are "wrong' and all that but they never actually show what was 'wrong' then clarify what "right" really is so all the strength of their positions just dissipate like rising smoke at that point.

Its called projecting then running away. Kinda like a drive by victory while getting out as fast as possible because the counter arguments are so weak they don't even merit presentation.

I notice link posters with no actual subject knowledge do that frequently because frankly its all they have.
I think it's more along the lines that people who just spew their misconceived "knowledge", while in the same posts continually claim and brag to be some super SME that's done everything on Earth on the subject are actually not as knowledgeable as they try to come across as based on what they say. They never will put up any technical info link to back-up their claims, and will never come up with any links or info to back-up their claim that others are wrong - it's pretty much a flat Earther kind of mentality. To me, that's just a fake smoke blowing "Mr. Oz behind the curtain" trying to impress everyone that he's someone that he's really not. The funniest part is when they get cornered in the technical discussion and can't prove what they claim, they either go way off in the weeds with nonsense deflecting strawman arguments, run away or ultimately end up agreeing to some extent. The entertainment never ceases, but hey it's just part of being on a chat board, lol.

And BTW ... some of the most knowlegeable posters on BITOG over the last 15 years have posted technical links quite often in their discussions, so thinking "it's all they have" is a misconception or maybe just an excuse for not doing the same.

Last edited:
I think it's more along the lines that people who just spew their misconceived "knowledge", while in the same posts continually claim and brag to be some super SME that's done everything on earth on the subject are actually not as knowledgeable as they try to come across as. They never will put up any link to back-up their claims, and will never come up with any links or info to back-up their claim that others are continually wrong - it's pretty much a flat earther kind of mentality. To me, that's just a fake smoke blowing "Mr. Oz behind the curtain" trying to impress everyone that he's someone that he's really not. The funniest part, is when they get cornered in the technical discussion and can't prove what they claim, they either go way off in the weeds with nonsense deflecting starwman arguments, run away or ultimately end up agreeing to some extent.

I notice that for those who make all those baseless drive by accusations after they get their incorrect points handed back to them recoil in emotionally charged rants resorting to the fact less, proof less ad hom attacks to cover up the total lack of quality of their challenges then run off declaring a victory where there was none.

You can tell that because in spite of the ranting, they never actually effectively refute the points they claim were wrong- they just say so.

That's the textbook mark of unqualified people who make arguments based on things they don't personally grasp ( they argue numbers other people did) because its all they got. They have to have a "link" like an addict needs a fix because without it- they have nothing to say. Intellectual conversation otherwise is just beyond them.

They use that " on demand" feigned arguing as some sort of shield they think vindicates them and hides the real truth and that's what starts the hostility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back