Inconsiderate parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home on friday evening, and there was a car outside next door. I came inside and see 3 people talking beside it...all normal. 10 minutes or so later, after sitting down and having a coffee (Inca) and snack, I get up and see 3 cop cars and a car parked across both driveways, and a couple of the guys who were out before talking to the cops...by the body language I can see what has happened.

Probably a stolen vehicle, seen by the cops they do a runner, that was probably when they smacked in the right front. Our street is a dead end, turning around would put them in the path of the cops, so they abandon the car and do a runner on foot. I didn't see them run into our back yard, the young guys say they ran up their drive, I'm not sure they saw them or not - ''they were my Bro's man'', they are not too sure if they want to help the cops or not. There were 4 of them - up the drive, over the back fence into another property and hide from the cops somewhere else.

We needed to go out, to my daughters for her birthday, and they wouldn't move the car. The local towie came, but they sent him away as he ins't allowed to do this stuff. There was room to get out, but just a bit annoying at the time. Drama in the street, although it's not a rare occurance.

Bit of free entertainment mate! Maybe the police didn't want to move the car until the crime scene examiners had been and done their thing (DNA, fingerprints, photos, etc)?

The cop in the high viz appears to be a big unit!

Chaos is going on everywhere, 24/7. I saw lots of it on the roads tonight.

Yeah, it was a crime scene, so they weren't going to move it until they got as much info as they could. There was a bit of light hearted banter between the cops and the young guy, he must've said something about them being from out of town and not knowing their way around...he was told the big cop had been a cop in town for 20 years, and knew all about him. His mother came home and was worried all the drama at her place was because of her kids...understandable, they are her kids after all.

I don't think the culprits were local. It's a large park, and there is another short road like ours, they would line up, except for 2 houses in the way. So they come down thinking they will cut back down the back streets, and the road goes nowhere. A couple of other insidents in the past - one time a car came flying down the short road (11 houses), the last house is right at the end, they went up the drive and slammed into the garage, lot's of yelling and screaming, then they drove away. Another time there was a bike parked in my neighbour to the lefts drive, also a drive inline with the drive. A cop was checking it out, just sitting on it's sidestand. I went out and had a look to, it was nice Zed one. The cop left, and I went inside...a bit later I hear the bike start up and take off. I had my Pajero parked on the front yard, I reckin he was lying under it waiting for the cop to go.

Originally Posted By: Silk
There were 4 of them - up the drive, over the back fence into another property and hide from the cops somewhere else.

K-9 unit take care of that hiding stuff...
cool.gif

Had a similar thing happen at our place a few years ago. We live in a semi-rural area (getting less rural all the time). A fancy muscle car came roaring into our extended driveway, stopped by a small barn, and three guys leaped out and ran away, through our back yard. About 10 seconds later three cop cars come ripping in and I pointed in the general direction the young men ran.

About five minutes later the officers had the men in custody up by the barn and I heard light laughter between the officers and young men. It turns out they had just graduated from the local small law college, they were out celebrating, and the police were trying to pull them over for crossing the center line. Youthful exuberance gone awry. The police seemed to have a good sense of humor about the whole thing.

Yes, it is a bit exciting to watch something go down right in your front yard.

Originally Posted By: hpb
...until the crime scene examiners had been and done their thing (DNA, fingerprints, photos, etc)?

Police there will do that for a stolen car ? In most parts of the US, at least in bigger cities or there's no other serious crime involved, the police won't go that trouble.

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
...until the crime scene examiners had been and done their thing (DNA, fingerprints, photos, etc)?

Police there will do that for a stolen car ? In most parts of the US, at least in bigger cities or there's no other serious crime involved, the police won't go that trouble.

Here, they won't even show up for that!

I had a cop tell me they would need a perfect surface to extract a fingerprint from, something something, excuses and excuses, and so on. If he made ANY effort at all, he would look at the polished chrome shift knob that was a there. Bad enough I had to tell them where, and what he (the tweaker that stole my Heep) looked like, and literally tell them when he will be walking by the police vehicle, but the...ugh now I'm frustrated. Needless to say, I no longer call 911, they are of no use to me.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Here, they won't even show up for that!

Had cops blow me off before, I guess breathing down a gun barrel is not a cause for concern. May the Clark Co. sheriff dept live long and prosper...

I don't know about NZ, but where I live, yes, the police attend stolen motor vehicle jobs.

Yes, it would be checked for prints, anything they left behind. I don't recognise the car, it's a small town, but I don't know every car here. Also, being a small community, they will have a fair idea who was involved...even if out of town, they will have family here.

Another time I woke up at 2 or 3am, flashing lights on the bedroom walls. I looked out to see a cop car in our drive, and a couple of cops running up our drive. I went out as one of them was walking back from the back yard. They were chasing a couple of guys, they went up our drive and over the back fence, the other cop went over after them. They were both caught. Our cops are unarmed, and have a pretty good success rate without causing much harm. A bit more community involved than Police forces in other countries maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back