Import Direct Brake Pads - Orange Coating

These are a new thing at O'Reilly... replacing the BrakeBest Select applications for imports (Euro and Asian)... mainly I'm super curious about the orange coating that's supposed to be for a faster, no-effort break-in procedure. Basically the idea is no break-in is required. However, I'd love to know, how exactly does it work? What is it? Thanks...

PS: If actual pics would be helpful I'll be able to post later today. Although not sure if a picture is helpful or not to determine what this orange thing is.

It is an abrasive coating, Nissan used these many years (I don't know if they still do), it cleans the pad transfer crap off the rotors.
I cant say how well they work or not but it doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Last edited:
It’s similar to Bendix’s Titanium Stripe on their older pads or the coating Centric and EBC use on their pads.

I think MAT supplies O’Reilly’s private-label brake program. MAT does own Roulunds and has rights to the Bendix brand.

It is an abrasive coating, Nissan used these many years (I don't know if they still do), it cleans the pad transfer crap off the rotors.
I cant say how well they work or not but it doesn't seem like a bad thing.
Interesting, given that the new IDB rotors we're supposed to start carrying soon are designed to be ready to use with no cleaning or prep required.

Back