Im ready for a "atta -boy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive decided to Keep the 3.0 Mercury Milan Premier i had for sale and turn it into my Daily driver. That being the case it was time to get more familiar with this car and get to know her a bit more (up till now it been my wifes car) and ive only done one oil change last fall. The milan had 7,800 miles on the PP and Napa Gold. I dumped the oil and refilled with the same + same filter. ive never let anything go that long before on a OCI, thats where i feel my atta boy is well deserved.
thankyou2.gif
I also rotated the tires and checked all other fluids. The only thing that was just a bit low by a few inches was the coolant, from the max cold line.. frankly im not to worried as there was plenty in the Res.

Opinions. Q. I have 7,500 miles as my untested limit. Im not very comfortable going longer, even on the PP. The Milan went 7,800 miles with zero consumption, no top was ever needed. would you feel like you got your moneys worth out of a 7,500 miles OCI or start pushing it out with UOA's ? I feel this limit of 7,500 or once a year if i dont reach that number is satisfactory.

at $20 a pop for UOA's that buys plenty of oil on a car i will likely not keep for another 5-7 years or 100,000 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Atta boy!!!! (Doesn't count if you give yourself one
smile.gif
)

Booo dont kill by oil buzz...
grin.gif

Last edited:
Good question, interested in the opinions on this. The only UOA I have ever done is with my nose and eyeballs. I agree $20 goes a long way towards some extra oil.

Attaboy! Since you're stressed with 7500, maybe go that distance for 2 changes, then get a UOA. IMHO you never need worry at that distance, and depending on your driving style could go further.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
The car you like, is the car you keep.

just got news my wife may be getting laid off, so im out of the new car payment game for now.. The Milan is not my car of choice, however cleaned up and detailed out its a nice car, its not a great car, but a nice car with decent features and only 38,000 miles.. about the only thing its going to need is fresh rubber before winter. Oh and the sound system is lacking.. It does however drive fairly nice and now that im getting acclimated to it im learning to appreciate it a bit more.. oh, being paid off doesnt hurt either.. all three of the autos in my sig are free and clear.. nice feeling.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Atta-boy. Go for 10K next time!

Im cluching my chest doing my best Sandford and Son, Fred Sandford heart attack !!

I'd drive it awhile...have a feeling you might just stick with it!

Just keep it at 7500...a good, easy number for an 8 year old car. Will keep you checking it more than anything else...

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

Im cluching my chest doing my best Sandford and Son, Fred Sandford heart attack !!

Trust me this is not the big one! Sorry to hear about the possibility of your wife being laid off. It seems we start to gain traction in regards to the economy then we fall down. I have some faith my fellow Hoosier there are better days ahead.

PP with Napa Gold is no problem at 7500. If things are tight any SN synthetic (Napa) or blend (MC) with a MC filter will get you to 7500 as well.

Good job on sticking out to 7800 on this last run. "Atta-Boy!"

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
...would you settle for a good-on-ya?

ill take whatever i can get.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

Trust me this is not the big one! Sorry to hear about the possibility of your wife being laid off. It seems we start to gain traction in regards to the economy then we fall down. I have some faith my fellow Hoosier there are better days ahead.

MONSTER relief, she made the cut, keeping her Job ! major, major relief !! I make a comfortable living however im not rich working for the Feds, my wifes 40K annual would have been greatly missed.. Im just on cloud nine right now !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back