im doomed...metal particles & bubbles on dipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everything is ok. I think I might be worrying too much, but hey how can i not this is my baby.

sample was sent out this morning, hopefully ill get the analysis tomm.
I'll let you guys know

Quote:

This engine is built to withstand what i give it. This is a 2jz-ge almost identical to the 2jz in the supra and sc300's. the only difference is that it just has skinnier rods. the block can handle over 1000hp, and as far as pistons and rods they can handle 400rwhp easily. my compression is lowered to 9:1, and im running methanol injection with a fuel return and fpr rising rate 1:1. This is all orchestrated by a Haltech standalone. My car does not knock, and if it does the knock sensors will detect it and the ecu will pull timing and when I take it to the track I use unleaded 100 octane gas just to be safer.

then that's as safe as safe can be as far as fuel and tune, it seems like there might have been oil starvation, you need an accusump for high-g cornering at high rpm

Quote:

Have you considered getting a ScanGauge to get some real time readings? If you show enough interest to check and change your oil you might be interested in this little gadget.

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/store/ScanGauge/index.html

the scangauge is really best suited for scanning codes and driving for optimal gas mileage. There aren't too many valuable sensor readings on Lexus vehicles that show up - for me just voltage, RPM, speed, water temperature, intake temp (I think) and open/closed loop status. Beyond that, I don't get any oil pressure or manifold vacuum readings. (This is on my '96 LS400)

Quote:

Quote:

Have you considered getting a ScanGauge to get some real time readings? If you show enough interest to check and change your oil you might be interested in this little gadget.

the scangauge is really best suited for scanning codes and driving for optimal gas mileage. There aren't too many valuable sensor readings on Lexus vehicles that show up - for me just voltage, RPM, speed, water temperature, intake temp (I think) and open/closed loop status. Beyond that, I don't get any oil pressure or manifold vacuum readings. (This is on my '96 LS400)

I already have a obd 2 reader and I too only get what you get but my scanner can also show the ign advance, maf, and o2 sensors voltages. i want to get another obd scanner with enhanced obd 2 datastream so I can also monitor many many more parameters such as voltage from the stock knock sensors

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I already have a obd 2 reader and I too only get what you get but my scanner can also show the ign advance, maf, and o2 sensors voltages. i want to get another obd scanner with enhanced obd 2 datastream so I can also monitor many many more parameters such as voltage from the stock knock sensors

If you have a laptop or PDA or Palm you might consider some of the ones that provide software and a cable to attach to laptop, PDA, Palm, etc.

www.autoenginuity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back