Illuminated Wheels ?

It's been said that "lighting is the new chrome".

....the company exhibited its latest wheels from the RONAL and SPEEDLINE CORSE ranges as well as a very special innovation: the Energy Wheel.
The highlight of the booth was presented in a darkened container, so that the patent-pending concept could demonstrate its full impact: The Energy Wheel uses a generator to produce energy while driving; it then stores this energy in a battery. An LED lighting system located in the gaps between the wheel spokes is supplied with this energy and can then light up in different colours, thus also functioning as a warning system...

For 2022, in fact, LED lighting is standard on all versions of the SUV. Buyers also can opt for an illuminated light bar that flanks the front VW logo.
The new Tiguan will come with four different trim levels. “Lighting is the new chrome,” suggested Jose Bravo, compact SUV product manager, during our background briefing. And the automaker has added new lighting accents both inside and out.

It's been said that "lighting is the new chrome".

I thought the blue lines on the wheel are what would be illuminated. That would be cool. If it's those colored lights inside, that is tacky.

I would like some like led message fans. Could show the whole highway what brand and weight oil you are running, even connect to obd2 and real time olm data. If it could connect to the internet they could even read off bitog forum posts in real time for other drivers.

Unfortunately, I think they will be lamer than current aftermarket sets for 50 state legality.
Christmas-Gift-Battery-operated-LED-Message-fan-programmable-for-desktop-mini-fan-creative-ene...jpg

I see the under the car light bars. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. A lot of those aftermarket things are somewhat illegal if applied to the wrong part of the vehicle or the wrong color. Truckers will have a blast.

How innovative.

Fads come and fads go. Hopefully this one dies on the vine. If not, will just have to wait it out.

Back