Ikea Ladda

They had both the 1900 and 2450 versions - both labelled as made in Japan. Didn't buy them (long story) but may go back next week to see if they still have them. The price on the shelf for the 1900 was $7.99 but I think they would price match the $6.99 I saw online. I was mostly worried that they might be from a different supplier.

Any opinions on whether I should take a chance on the high capacity version? I'm pretty sure they're made by FDK/Fujitsu using the same design that's sold as Eneloop. I've heard about certain issues with the higher capacity versions dying early. I'm mostly using these as singles - rotating them in single AA devices. I almost never completely drain them The majority of mine are about 8 years old (from the date imprinted) and still seem to be working fine. Still - when I might have one in a wireless mouse for about a week to a month before swapping it out I probably won't know.

However, I've got some Eneloops (or the old relabelled Sanyos) that are 15 years old and still working well, although I've got the occasional Eneloop that leaked. But it wasn't bad - just

They also have the AAA version - I think 750. I had a lot more AAA Eneloops, but seem to have forgotten what devices I left most of them in.

I used to get them mostly in the Costco sets which had a mix of AA/AAA with a charger and possibly even some C or D adapters. However, they haven't had those in years.

The Amazon Basics are supposed to be pretty good

But there's no way of knowing if one is getting the Fujitsu-made ones or the Chinese equivalent. I remember when Amazon opened stores, I was hoping they'd have them where I could check the label, but the only AA batteries they had were alkalines.

Back