If You Could Meet Someone From BITOG?

Ok ok...I want to meet moderator M56959 and then have them stop me mid-sentence with "Bicker lock. Going in circles. Continuing would not be wise." I often wonder what they are like in person.

1000019011.jpg

Last edited:
Ok ok...I want to meet moderator M56959 and then have them stop me mid-sentence with "Bicker lock. Going in circles. Continuing would not be wise." I often wonder what they are like in person.

View attachment 217794
In person, he’s great. He handles a difficult job on the forum.

But if you were to talk to him on the phone, or meet him in person, you would find a really nice guy who is very knowledgeable on a wide variety of topics.

But if you were to talk to him on the phone, or meet him in person, you would find a really nice guy who is very knowledgeable on a wide variety of topics.
I was wondering about this.. the other mods seem as passionate as any of us about the subject matter within. They contribute and ask questions. M56969 never has car trouble they need help with. I thought he was a bot.

Very cool.

I was wondering about this.. the other mods seem as passionate as any of us about the subject matter within. They contribute and ask questions. M56969 never has car trouble they need help with. I thought he was a bot.
They were my first tip-off about most of this site being AI-generated...or part of The Matrix.

Logo for oil additive AIgenerated.

1716231773397.jpg

With the Gemeni disclaimer
"
While the image is humorous, it might not be entirely suitable for posting on bobistheoilguy.com for a few reasons:
  • Safety: Drinking oil is dangerous and can cause serious health problems. The forum likely discourages unsafe practices related to oil.
  • Professionalism: The forum leans towards a more professional and informative tone. While some lightheartedness is fine, a logo with a character drinking oil might be seen as too silly.
Here are some alternatives you could consider:
  • Keep the funny oil additive character, but have it interacting with the gear or oil in a non-human way (e.g., wiggling in, giving a thumbs up).
  • Replace the character drinking oil with a mechanic giving a thumbs up or satisfied expression.
  • Use a different visual element altogether to represent the oil additive (e.g., a bottle with a fun label).
Ultimately, it's best to check the forum's specific guidelines on user-generated content. They might have a section dedicated to logos or a specific thread for unofficial designs.

Fun thread, nobody's mentioned greenjp? 😁 Good grief I see my 20th anniversary was yesterday but a paltry 1,727 posts so must not be making much of an impression!

My short list is Pop Rivit (he seems to be gone but there's a morbid curiosity there), JHZR2 (I suspect we are in a similar industry if not similar areas), Jeff Keryk , Trav, and Shannow (always seems to have interesting contributions and is a fellow metal head IIRC).

Had a lot of in person interaction with motorcycling board people back when I had a bike, not so much with this type of board. Anyone making their way through Montgomery County MD is welcome to hit me up.

jeff

I would love to meet Falcon_LS. We have chatted many times and set up to meet each other when he makes it to the DFW area and the last 2 times I was unavailable but next time I will do whatever it takes!

@Falcon_LS

I would love to meet Falcon_LS. We have chatted many times and set up to meet each other when he makes it to the DFW area and the last 2 times I was unavailable but next time I will do whatever it takes!

@Falcon_LS
Definitely looking forward to setting up something next time! :D

Back