Idemitsu 0W20 High Mileage (75kmi)

mkc

https://www.idemitsulubricants.com/product/idemitsu-high-mileage-0w-20

SDS

TDS

1663480465177.jpg

Man you ain't kidding ^^^^^^

About the molybdenum in there. Interesting.
I believe at one point Idemitsu had 2 versions, 1 plain jane the other with high moly they've since combined. I suspect the version I bought on clearance at AZ has maybe half that. They make Mazda's oils which a lot of people used for break-in......

Definitely not an extended drain oil; I forgot to check if PQIA uses the new or used oil TBN test; but even if ashless dispersants are used, the TBN is at best equivalent to a 9.0.

If the price is right, this would likely be a good oil for those who want to be in the 5-10k range without needing UOAs frequently. But it’s barely 1/4 of the moly of the other ‘flavor’.

If there was some lab testing that showed 1% moly extended timing chain life & protected phasers on TGDIs, and Idemitsu made the 979ppm version in a solid 5W30, I know what would be going into my EcoBoost’s sump…

Does anyone know a trusted retailer where I can find this at a reasonable price? The only place I can find that it's available is at Idemitsu's Amazon store for $20.99 a quart. I see NAPA has the regular stuff at a reasonable price, but not the high mileage version. Really want to try it on my Toyota as it seems to have the most molybdenum out there. The only one that comes close is Toyota Genuine Motor oil.

My common sense has me suspicious of the composition of this motor oil, even with a reasonable viscosity index.

At this price point, I suspect Group III, Son of Flubber viscosity index improvers and high potential for sludge-o-matic.

Please report results upon usage.

Definitely not an extended drain oil; I forgot to check if PQIA uses the new or used oil TBN test; but even if ashless dispersants are used, the TBN is at best equivalent to a 9.0.

If the price is right, this would likely be a good oil for those who want to be in the 5-10k range without needing UOAs frequently. But it’s barely 1/4 of the moly of the other ‘flavor’.

If there was some lab testing that showed 1% moly extended timing chain life & protected phasers on TGDIs, and Idemitsu made the 979ppm version in a solid 5W30, I know what would be going into my EcoBoost’s sump…
Oh brotha.

Back