idemitsu 0w20, 6k so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the first use of Idemitsu 0w20 in wifes 2013 Rav4 seems to be going well. 6k miles, no oil usage, oil is still very clean or light in appearance. It has darkened some but not much. Not sure if this is due to better heat characteristics, not darkening with heat, or just not cleaning as well as the dealer bulk it was getting. I'm leaning towards it withstands heat better, but who knows.

This oil will be in for 10k, standrard oci since new. 66k miles on rav4

I am running Idemitsu 0w20 in my Scion seems to be fine to me. coloration and smell is fine not using any oil.

Originally Posted By: jj51702
I think this brand is factory fill on Hondas? May be wrong. But I'd assume it's good stuff

No, not honda, it is on Mazdas

Phillips66
honda-genuine-full-synthetic-motor-oil-sae-0w-20-msds

Last edited:
I just poured Idemitsu 0w-20 into a 2017 hatch and it is so smooth in ECON mode that I put it back in that mode when I took it out very briefly, yes I missed it that much in that brief of time. (I've run the car in ECON almost in its entirety and it was never this smooth with the P66 OEM)

Here are the pluses compared to the P66 Honda OEM it ran on for 15,000 miles.

1. It pours like liquid gold as it comes out. Then, The color on the stick is way lighter that you have to do a double-take to see if it is even on at first.
2. It is so smooth that it actually changes the way you drive. You drive slower when you aren't getting on it and it gives you smooth as a feature compared to the P66. And then when you get on it, it goes like a bat out of [censored] but it allows you to be more selective since you don't miss a thing with either driving style.
3. It fixed a warm start grind and this makes it so special, you wouldn't believe. And it is consistent with the fix.
4. It stays light even after 100s of miles. Very unlike the P66 OEM.
5. neither P66 nor the Idemitsu used any oil so no harm there.
6. Lower cold start RPMs (This should be #1 on this list cause it's the first thing I continue to notice, day in day out)
7. Faster at getting RPMs down on first start (This should be #2 on this list cause it's the first thing I continue to notice, day in day out)
8. Did I mention how smooth or how much smoother compared to OEM P66?
9. Quieter on start but esp once warm.

Last edited:
You must’ve poured it in the transmission if it fixed the warm start up grind. Stop the nonsense please

I've used over 20L of idemitsu 0w20 in Subaru & Honda OEM 0w20 bottles. Nothing special at all, just a regular GrpIII synth with average TBN (7-8) and average VI, engine sounds the same as any other oil.

I switched to M1 0w20 and noticed better cold starts in winters (-20C). M1 also has a higher TBN & lower NOACK.

The only reason I had so much idemitsu was because I got it for around $3-4/L from local classifieds. If you can't get this stuff cheap, there is no point trying to look for it. Any name brand 0w20 will be on par or better at a lower price on sale.

Both Idemitsu and Mobil 1 are great synthetics - I think Mobil 1 uses more Moly in the additive pack than most others.

On my third oil change between my two Jeeps using the Idemitsu 0W-20 and have had no complaints so far using it. If priced competitive the next time I am shopping for oil, I will buy it. If not, would not go out of my way for it.

Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
I just poured Idemitsu 0w-20 into a 2017 hatch and it is so smooth in ECON mode that I put it back in that mode when I took it out very briefly, yes I missed it that much in that brief of time. (I've run the car in ECON almost in its entirety and it was never this smooth with the P66 OEM)

Here are the pluses compared to the P66 Honda OEM it ran on for 15,000 miles.

1. It pours like liquid gold as it comes out. Then, The color on the stick is way lighter that you have to do a double-take to see if it is even on at first.
2. It is so smooth that it actually changes the way you drive. You drive slower when you aren't getting on it and it gives you smooth as a feature compared to the P66. And then when you get on it, it goes like a bat out of [censored] but it allows you to be more selective since you don't miss a thing with either driving style.
3. It fixed a warm start grind and this makes it so special, you wouldn't believe. And it is consistent with the fix.
4. It stays light even after 100s of miles. Very unlike the P66 OEM.
5. neither P66 nor the Idemitsu used any oil so no harm there.
6. Lower cold start RPMs (This should be #1 on this list cause it's the first thing I continue to notice, day in day out)
7. Faster at getting RPMs down on first start (This should be #2 on this list cause it's the first thing I continue to notice, day in day out)
8. Did I mention how smooth or how much smoother compared to OEM P66?
9. Quieter on start but esp once warm.

LOL this guy cracks me up! Takes me 3 times of reading most of his posts to make sense of them but its good entertainment! I'm still trying to figure out his punctuation/grammar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back