Idaho College Killer Suspect Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st Amendment right to speculate. And the speculation is that what evidence we have all seen so far does not look good for the accused suspect. Simple as that.
For sure, it’s your right and the outlook for the suspect looks bleak, however in the off chance he is found innocent his reputation is already ruined, partly because of speculations like in this thread.

But again, not only that, she acknowledged hearing the cries and response of the killer.
You don't know if she heard the killer talking, or Xana's boyfriend talking to her.

Here's a big clincher ... the tracking evidence shows that Kolhberger went back to the crime house at around 9 am later that same morning ... BEFORE any 911 call was made to the police. Why would he do that? ... perhaps he realized that he didn't have the knife sheath anymore and was looking to see if he dropped the knife sheath near where he parked that car that night. Or maybe he just wanted to see if the police were already on the scene like some killers do.

That same early morning, tracking info shows he went from Pullman to Moscow and his phone goes off at around 2:47 am on the way there in a very indirect round-about path, and then his phone comes back on during his way back home on the same indirect route to Pullman after 4:48 am shortly after the crimes were done. That's why the police were looking for an apparently did find surveillance video along that indirect route. I'd like to see how his defense "explains" that away. He was not home sleeping or doing homework.

1673033176901.png

1673033231699.png

Last edited:
For sure, it’s your right and the outlook for the suspect looks bleak, however in the off chance he is found innocent his reputation is already ruined, partly because of speculations like in this thread.
Well, that's the way it works in our judicital system. Every case unfolds like this with speculation from everyone looking at it as it unfolds with information - like the released affidavit. It's our right in this country ... there is not a gag order on society due to the 1st Amendment.

You don't know if she heard the killer talking, or Xana's boyfriend talking to her.

Here's a big clincher ... the tracking evidence shows that Kolhberger went back to the crime house at around 9 am later that same morning ... BEFORE any 911 call was made to the police. Why would he do that? ... perhaps he realized that he didn't have the knife sheath anymore and was looking to see if he dropped the knife sheath near where he parked that car that night. Or maybe he just wanted to see if the police were already on the scene like some killers do.

That same early morning, tracking info shows he went from Pullman to Moscow and his phone goes off at around 2:47 am on the way there in a very indirect round-about path, and then his phone comes back on during his way back home on the same indirect route to Pullman after 4:48 am shortly after the crimes were done. That's why the police were looking for an apparently did find surveillance video along that indirect route. I'd like to see how his defense "explains" that away. He was not home sleeping or doing homework.

View attachment 134282
View attachment 134283
Just to be clear (for others) cell phone data does not show him at the crime house nor did it ever, it shows his cell phone in the area.

I still want to know why the girl didnt call police and let her "friends" die.
I cant wait to understand this.

Last edited:
This thread? It's the whole world and all the media in the world. But I get it, I truly do, it why I try to be accurate like my comment above regarding the cell phone showing him at the crime house. The cell phone never shows him there.

I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact the girl who was face to face with the intruder after hearing screams of agony from people being stabbed to death just casually went back to bed without even making as much as an inquiry, much less call the police.

There’s a much more intimate connection than what’s being released so far.

Just to be clear (for others) cell phone data does not show him at the crime house nor did it ever, it shows his cell phone in the area.
Doesn't need to. HIS DNA is at the crime scene - THAT shows he was there, and it was DNA on a knife sheath laying on the bed right next to two dead girls related to a big straight edged USMC KaBar knife that I'm sure wasn't in that house before - explain that.

See this video on his tracking the morning of the crimes ... he was at least smart enough to try and take his phone out of the equation, but he ultimately failed. Actually, previous to the crime, his cell phone showed him near that house 12 times! Why?

I still want to know why the girl didnt call police and let her "friends" die.
I cant wait to understand this.
I think you're latching onto something that really doesn't matter in this case ... it's really not that important how she reacted to what was going on at 4am in a house that had lots of parties and people over all the time. I'm sure she will be on the stand during the trial to explain it all.

Last edited:
I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact the girl who was face to face with the intruder after hearing screams of agony from people being stabbed to death just casually went back to bed without even making as much as an inquiry, much less call the police.
How do you know what she was thinking? How do you know she thought he was a killer and not some strange friend of her roomates that was there with them for some reason. Plus he walked by her and left without doing anything, so that may not have raised much of a red flag for her. She heard her roommates too, so she most likely knew/thought they were up and not sleeping.

There’s a much more intimate connection than what’s being released so far.
Are you implying that she might have had a role in the crime? IMO, no way.

Doesn't need to. HIS DNA is at the crime scene - THAT shows he was there, and it was DNA on a knife sheath laying on the bed right next to two dead girls related to a big straight edged USMC KaBar knife that I'm sure wasn't in that house before - explain that. See video on his tracking the morning of the crimes ... he was at least smart enough to try and take his phone out of the equation, but he ultimately failed. Actually, previous to the crime, his cell phone showed him near that house 12 times! Why?

I think you're latching onto something that really doesn't matter in this case ... it's really not that important how she reacted to what was going on at 4am in a house that had lots of parties and people over all the time. I'm sure she will be on the stand during the trial to explain it all.

Im not latching onto anything, just correcting a statement you made. We do want to be accurate right? It does matter because you said the cell data put him at the house. IN a defense, if there is one, a jury is not going to be told the cell data places him at the crime house because cell data can not do that.
Im not implying she might have had a role, I am dying to understand her reason for not reporting the crime.
We can only assume one or two things, some kind of shock that she was in or she participated in the crime or she was drugged out or ________?.

Im not latching onto anything, just correcting a statement you made. We do want to be accurate right? It does matter because you said the cell data put him at the house. IN a defense, if there is one, a jury is not going to be told the cell data places him at the crime scene.
What statement I made, don't think I actually said or eluded to saying the cell phone pings showed him AT the house on the time of the crime ... please quote. The DNA put him INSIDE the house, and specifically in the bedroom with two dead girls.

How do you know what she was thinking? How do you know she thought he was a killer and not some strange friend of her roomates that was there with them for some reason. Plus he walked by her and left without doing anything, so that may not have raised much of a red flag for her. She heard her roommates too, so she most likely knew/thought they were up and not sleeping.

Are you implying that she might have had a role in the crime? IMO, no way.
Honestly, man I have no clue. I can’t say one way or the other. But I definitely feel that it was not some random robbery or something. Someone within the house had an intimate relationship with the perpetrator. Was he maybe a jealous new boyfriend or new interest?

What statement I made, don't think I actually said or eluded to saying the cell phone pings showed him AT the house on the time of the crime ... please quote.
My mistake, you are correct, you did say "near" I may not have bothered to comment if I read it correctly, though since we are on the subject, "near the street the house was on" would be more accurate. Then pieced together with the white car on that block that they assume was him and I would agree with that.

"Actually, previous to the crime, his cell phone showed him near that house 12 times! Why?"

Honestly, man I have no clue. I can’t say one way or the other. But I definitely feel that it was not some random robbery or something. Someone within the house had an intimate relationship with the perpetrator. Was he a jealous, new boyfriend or new interest?
Who knows ... that may come out in the trial. I highly doubt anyone in that house had "an intimate relationship" with the suspect, and least not in the current time frame - he only moved there in June 2022. I'm sure the police/FBI interviewed everyone they ever knew in their social circle.

It's also possible he just latched on to young beautiful girls and thought they in that house was an easy target. Bundy operated in a similar manner ... he wasn't in any kind of relationship with his victims - he looked for opportunity and scenarios where he though he could get away with his crimes.

Last edited:
Who knows ... that may come out in the trial. It's also possible he just latched on to young beautiful girls and thought they in that house was an easy target. Bundy operated in a similar manner ... he wasn't in any kind of relationship with his victims.
Yes, for sure it will come out in the trial because she will be on the witness stand. Im not defending this guy *LOL* I am just being realistic at what a proper defense is going to do. I am going to assume they will get something from his car or apartment or find the weapon or mask he wore, something along the route that they think the car traveled.
I wonder if he will plea deal? All will be interesting but I think it is fair to say, at least in my eyes that this was a HORRIBLE senseless crime of the worst magnitude. So if I was one of those parents (if they dont already know) I would be TORTURED as to why this girl did not seek to get the victims help>

Isnt that reasonable to wonder why?

But there has to be a reason why he chose those particular women, and let that one survive. If they have been watching him since June, he had plenty of time to develop a relationship with one of them. I know they mentioned repeated calls being made to an ex boyfriend, and then, suddenly along comes another guy who enters the house without stealing or destroying anything, only to bring harm to those women.

And he seemed to know exactly where to go to find his victim or victims. Imo this looks like a jealous new boyfriend/lover, ex boyfriend type scenario. I still say this all revolves around some kind’ve relationship.

Im not defending this guy *LOL* I am just being realistic at what a proper defense is going to do.
Yeah, I know. Of course the defense will come up with anything they can throw at the wall to see what sticks, but IMO they can't look like obtuse claim makers or that will toast their case. IMO, the DNA will be the nail and basically impossible to pull an OJ lawyer tactic on. You can bet they got a warrant to DNA swab his mouth shortly after arrest and compare it for a perfect match to the DNA on the knife sheath. And as we have said, if they find any forensic evidence of the victims in his car or apparent, or any electronic related info on his computer(s), then he will certainly be smoked.

Last edited:
But there has to be a reason why he chose those particular women, and let that one survive. If they have been watching him since June, he had plenty of time to develop a relationship with one of them. I know they mentioned repeated calls being made to an ex boyfriend, and then, suddenly along comes another guy who enters the house without stealing or destroying anything, only to bring harm to those women.
Actually, two survived in the house. The reason he chose the house and victims most likely won't be the reason you, I or anyone else would logically think he chose them. I think the location and seclusion and darkness of the back of the house might have been a factor. You do realize that Kaylee was there just visiting, so who knows why she and Maddie tried calling her ex-boyfriend Jack that night. They shared a dog too. Maybe it was about the dog, maybe she wanted to say something to him. Kaylee and Maddie were both intoxicated so who knows why two girls would be making phone calls at that time. The food truck video shows them not walking around very well due to drinking out that night.

Actually, two survived in the house. The reason he chose the house and victims most likey won't be the reason you, I or anyone else would logically think he chose them. You do realize that Kaylee was there just visiting, so who knows why she and Maddie tried calling her ex Jack that night. They shared a dog too. Maybe it was about the dog, maybe she wanted to say something to him. Kaylee and Maddie were both intoxicated so who knows why two girls would be making phone calls at that time. The food truck video shows them not walking around very well due to drinking out that night.
Actually it seems just revealed, at least I didnt know it. Kernodle was on TikTok using her cell phone at 4:12am

Actually, two survived in the house. The reason he chose the house and victims most likely won't be the reason you, I or anyone else would logically think he chose them. I think the location and seclusion and darkness of the back of the house might have been a factor. You do realize that Kaylee was there just visiting, so who knows why she and Maddie tried calling her ex-boyfriend Jack that night. They shared a dog too. Maybe it was about the dog, maybe she wanted to say something to him. Kaylee and Maddie were both intoxicated so who knows why two girls would be making phone calls at that time. The food truck video shows them not walking around very well due to drinking out that night.
if you’re dealing with a jealous, ex boyfriend, new boyfriend, ex-husband, etc., they can do some truly crazy and insane things that none of us here on this forum would deem as rational whatsoever. With my girlfriend being an attorney, I have seen her having to deal with jealous spouses all the time. It’s truly asinine the things a jealous current or ex, will do. And especially in this day and age that type of behavior is even more out of control it seems.

if you’re dealing with a jealous, ex boyfriend, new boyfriend, ex-husband, etc., they can do some truly crazy and insane things that none of us here on this forum would deem as rational whatsoever. With my girlfriend being an attorney, I have seen her having to deal with jealous spouses all the time. It’s truly asinine the things a jealous current or ex, will do. And especially in this day and age that type of behavior is even more out of control it seems.
I highly doubt a 28 yo PhD student at WSU that only lived in Pullman since June 2022 had any close or personal/intimate relationship with any of those 20 and 21 year old girls attending U of I. He might have known them through social media, etc ... maybe even seeing them in Moscow at the Mad Greek resturant where they worked. I highly doubt they directly knew him. He latched on to them for some reason, and IMO it wasn't because he was a jelouse ex or current boyfriend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.