Ice Cream makers,anyone got one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at purchasing one as home-made is the only way ice cream tastes any good IMO. As a kid,we used the old fashioned hand crank ice cream maker,that was so much fun!
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

Some of the units I'm looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BCI600XL...subtag=TWC12251

https://www.amazon.com/Whynter-ICM-15LS-...subtag=TWC12251

I have a Cuisinart. You put the bowl in the freezer for a day before you can use it. I've used it maybe 4 times. The ingredients cost more than it does to buy store bought ice cream. I'm married to a type 1 diabetic, so I think I'll donate it to the next rummage sale my synagogue has.

My sister has a Cuisinart which has its own freezer built in (no cold bowl or rock salt). It works well.

She remembered it being around $300 10 or so years ago.

Years ago there was a guy in a social club (ethnic dancing) who had a knockout peach ice cream recipe down cold (detect the pun?). People would invite him and his freezer to parties.

Let's just say, "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker and spectacular peach ice cream beats 'em all".

Ha-Ha, just saw the "Turn & Churn" above. Very funny

Bought one, used it a few times and havent bothered in ages. Dont eat ice cream enough to make it worth it. Dont find big difference from a quality store bought ice cream, which I can buy for less on sale than buying all the ingredients for making it myself.

I suggest you get a cheap one first to see if you will actually use it before dropping that coin. Think mine was Hamilton Beach for 50$ +/-

We have one and it's expensive to make homemade ice cream. We seldom use it but it's nice for unusual ice cream, nice for fruit sherberts.

The key is cold, cold containers, cold ingredients, keep the ingredients in the freezer or refrigerator including flavoring, sugar, everything. Bring the temperature down to freezing.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
We make ice cream in the summer. Homemade ice cream is good stuff.

thumbsup2.gif

This is the truth! Homemade is the only way ice cream tastes good and without all the garbage they they put into the off-the shelf ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back