I will never have a heart attack..

the human body is influenced by many things + getting it right is not EZE' Dr Willian Davis a cardiologist notes in his Wheat Belly that his mom died using what todays Drs are taught, he then started searching to do better + notes his patients did well cutting ALL modern grains + going lo carb while eating good quality fats!! he has lots of good info on his blog free + only $16 yearly allows unlimited reading as he debunks modern medicine driven by $$$$!!. the benefits of low carb are well noted many places, BUT i never seen some of his beliefs as well as how he exposes the poor practices used today for big profits. myself can believe more from someone that is not making $$$ from unhealthy people. there are many tests not usually done that can predict your real health or not IMO + of many nutritionalist. thanks for the Jim Corea link i also listened to him + seen him lift 600 lb at 60 YO at the phila convention center fitness fair! sad that he was too stubborn to seek modern medicine in his emergency situation! there is prolly some genetics involved BUT only the individual KNOWS what they eat, drink + do on a daily basis!! regardless of our situation i believe that we can help ourselves with proper healthy choices!!

You can’t have meat when you have diabetes??? I’ll have to tell my dad lol. I can’t go a day without meat if it doesn’t have meat it’s not a meal. I’m getting ready to scarf down some Chinese food supposed to be beef and chicken stuff we will see.

You can’t have meat when you have diabetes??? I’ll have to tell my dad lol. I can’t go a day without meat if it doesn’t have meat it’s not a meal. I’m getting ready to scarf down some Chinese food supposed to be beef and chicken stuff we will see.
If I was you speaking from experience I would worry most about the sugar. We mostly all did sugar when we were young but really it is about as toxic as rat poison.
If you can't get away from it flush it out with tons of water.

just read the link + remember much of the info + again listened to + loved his radio show!! today we have much more info + testing about health + of course those with $$$ can + should take advantage of it. he did well considering his family history + IMO his type A driven personality as well as some poor food choices that were thought to be good prolly contributed to his earlier than expected departure. did not know the guy but just listening on the radio + seeing him once, you gotta love a guy like that! AGAIN i note that many pros note insulin is the main driver of many if not ALL disease, + Dr Ekburg shows how fasting glucose can be ok + even an HBA1C test BUT your insulin is high + RISING until modern medicine declares type II diabetes "out of the blue" BUT in reality it was getting worse as the years go buy + even though modern medicine thought it to be OK + controlled high insulin is causing many internal problems!!

Last edited:
just read the link + remember much of the info + again listened to + loved his radio show!! today we have much more info + testing about health + of course those with $$$ can + should take advantage of it. he did well considering his family history + IMO his type A driven personality as well as some poor food choices that were thought to be good prolly contributed to his earlier than expected departure. did not know the guy but just listening on the radio + seeing him once, you gotta love a guy like that!
In those early days they pushed complex carbs if you remember.
He got away from that later.

I'm fond of those days as I worked construction with my father and brother and we were all into powerlifting and at work we all got pumped with Jim...

When WWDB went belly up it was a sad day and when Jim died it was like the day the music died..

That man inspired us all.

Anyone here remember the food pyramid of the 70s? Wasn't breads/cereals at the very top, or near the top of the pyramid (meaning the most important food group)?

Fixx was a running heart attack just waiting to happen. Running was the worst possible thing he could have possibly been doing. He should have been a test pilot for Barcalounger. He would have lived longer.

Fixx's left circumflex coronary artery was almost totally blocked, only trickles of blood could flow through the pinholes that were left of the inside of that artery. About 80 percent of the blood flow in the right coronary artery was blocked. A bit like pinching off your upper and lower radiator hoses, then running your car at 5,000 RPM, and wondering why it's overheating.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow... Seriously what a great post / analogy.

Great job billt460.

And then you have those who eat nothing but fried foods, sweets, they've drank and smoked all their lives, and live way past 100 and are in perfect health!

I sometimes wonder if everything in life is just luck of the draw?

A number of times...

It is that.... At least seemingly.

Having a patient who had never done anything remotely risky....

And diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.... And she was not old at all.... Hard to understand.

I've seen many examples of that.

Like that song by Reba where the song goes, " what do say at a moment like this, where you can't find the words to tell it like it is, just bite your tongue and let your heart led the way. "

That is what it's like to talk with someone who has no reason whatsoever to be diagnosed with such a terrible circumstance...

But it must be done. It's the right thing to do.

And holding her hand with tears in your eyes talking with her... One of the toughest yet best moments I have ever had doing my job.

Right, this is why it's important to have annual physicals. If you discover that your A1c is on the rise, you can have lifestyle changes, such as stopping eating meat and fish, losing weight, and starting exercising, hoping that you can stop this incurable disease on its tracks from happening.

True ^^^^^^

My good friend Scott told me on a Thursday before we were going to play in our volleyball league game that night he was eating, drinking a lot and going to the bathroom a lot.

I told him he needed to get checked out... That he could have diabetes or something else going on.

Well that weekend in Sunday afternoon I called him to see if he wanted to play volleyball at the gym with me and our friends... And his daughter told me he was on the way to the hospital...

He was in a coma....

Blood sugar = 1200.....

He just about died from that. Took him until Tuesday afternoon to come out of his coma. Blood sugar then was 590.

I lived the Jim Fix story myself.
Once known as the "Easter Sunday Miracle" I turned 52 in the hospital.

Non smoker or drinker...no prescriptions or street drugs.

My parents both had heart issues but they were 75 plus years of age.

My surgery has now failed and i am
trying other treatments and will learn of my success at the end of the month.

My friend was once my fiancée and she bailed on me then and you think as a John Hopkins nurse she would know jogging isn't a cure if it wants to come your way.

I got an apology tonight after all of these years but you know after all the struggles with her over the years I didn't need it.

She blew it and now realizes it.
It is what it is...
Things aren't always black and white in life..

Hate to say this Jim....

Lots and I mean lots of RNs are clueless about what it entails to have a real illness....

And they don't have the perspective and understanding what it's like to really go through something very harsh.

Add to that a lack of real compassion and they are really not hitting on much of nothing.

Hate to say this Jim....

Lots and I mean lots of RNs are clueless about what it entails to have a real illness....

And they don't have the perspective and understanding what it's like to really go through something very harsh.

Add to that a lack of real compassion and they are really not hitting on much of nothing.
Wow
I often say the exact same thing.
Many i have seen have been borderline heartless.

You hit the nail on the head.

True ^^^^^^

My good friend Scott told me on a Thursday before we were going to play in our volleyball league game that night he was eating, drinking a lot and going to the bathroom a lot.

I told him he needed to get checked out... That he could have diabetes or something else going on.

Well that weekend in Sunday afternoon I called him to see if he wanted to play volleyball at the gym with me and our friends... And his daughter told me he was on the way to the hospital...

He was in a coma....

Blood sugar = 1200.....

He just about died from that. Took him until Tuesday afternoon to come out of his coma. Blood sugar then was 590.
Wow 590 is a death sentence in itself. Crazy 1200....

Yeah that what I've seen too, too often man.

About 1/3 to 40 percent of RNs, LPNs wouldn't have them take care of a darn dog....

One thing.... As God is my witness...

I tried with every fiber of my being...

Was to do it different.

To treat people like they were my own.

It's an amazing thing when a lady who cannot speak and yet after she gets to know you and smiles every time she sees you... And in afternoon she reaches for your hand and pills it over to her side of her face and hold it there.... The CNAs were like holy cow.... Yeah... That was amazing.

And yes....

I am still a real regular everyday man....

I can talk about pretty women, cars and trucks hunting, fishing the outdoors, old school NASCAR, football and basketball etc etc.

Wow 590 is a death sentence in itself. Crazy 1200....

It was close to a real miracle he did survive that....

And to think he went to a doctor's office that Friday and no one thought to check his blood sugar.

Trust the "experts" we all are told....

Let me tell you... People on here would be floored at what happens at times.

Back