I used 14 fuel system cleaners in 1 OCI and looked at it with an endoscope

Some of you know that I test fuel cleaners for PEA/PIA. I buy cleaners, test them, then pour them into both my cars (Range Rover Evoque 2.0 petrol & Range Rover L405 4.4 diesel). Couple years ago I had Cayenne and I did UOA after using 6 cleaners per interval - everything was perfect, no parameters were violated. So today I used the endoscope to look at the cylinders/valves. In short, awesome! Range Rover Evoque 2.0 petrol, 160,000 km mileage, but it seems like 20. Only one of the cylinders has minimal carbon deposits on the valve.
What I have filled in over the last 7000 km (almost every second gas station includes flushing):

Over 5000km:
Wynns Catalyc&Oxigen cleaner
KYK 63-017
Oilsyn PEA doctor
Texaco Techron 2 pcs in one tank
Bg 44k
Texaco Techron again
Xado MultiCleaner
Redline SL-1

Changed the oil and drove another 2000:
Pro-tec valve & injector cleaner
LM Direct Injector Cleaner
LM valve sauber
Wynns extreme petrol cleaner
Pulse GT petrol power cleaner

IMG_2556.jpeg

IMG_2557.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2561.jpeg

IMG_2563.jpeg

IMG_2568.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2571.jpeg

IMG_2570.jpeg

Can you pull sparkplugs or otherwise see if they have deposits from the cleaners

So @wwillson I was unawares of the reasons why Techron said “only 2 treatments per OCI” so I had a long chat with our favorite hydrocarbon blender… learned that PEA/PIB/etc are beneficial for injector & chamber cleaning, but excessive volumes that get into the crankcase can cause rapid oxidative thickening.

I’ve secured a large quantity of HPL fuel system cleaner, and I run one bottle per OCI (I cut the ZT Kawi FR730V down to half a bottle per season) and I’m not particularly concerned because clean injectors and a 5w/10w oil with PAO does not concern me one bit.

God bless BITOG and the fact that HPL latched onto our little corner of the irrelevant internet… where we lucked into a company that actually listens to what the “nobodies” want, and delivers products that the “somebodies” can only get via large $ amounts and private connections… and we can order for normal money and get it in two days! Thank you @High Performance Lubricants for making customer preference and ultimate customer performance your mantra! 👍🏻

So @wwillson I was unawares of the reasons why Techron said “only 2 treatments per OCI” so I had a long chat with our favorite hydrocarbon blender… learned that PEA/PIB/etc are beneficial for injector & chamber cleaning, but excessive volumes that get into the crankcase can cause rapid oxidative thickening.

I’ve secured a large quantity of HPL fuel system cleaner, and I run one bottle per OCI (I cut the ZT Kawi FR730V down to half a bottle per season) and I’m not particularly concerned because clean injectors and a 5w/10w oil with PAO does not concern me one bit.

God bless BITOG and the fact that HPL latched onto our little corner of the irrelevant internet… where we lucked into a company that actually listens to what the “nobodies” want, and delivers products that the “somebodies” can only get via large $ amounts and private connections… and we can order for normal money and get it in two days! Thank you @High Performance Lubricants for making customer preference and ultimate customer performance your mantra! 👍🏻
🤔 💭 wonder if a die hard fan has got their name tattooed on themselves yet?! That would be something 😆

1) old car
2) he exceeded the concentration of additives in the tank by a lot.

Some of you know that I test fuel cleaners for PEA/PIA. I buy cleaners, test them, then pour them into both my cars (Range Rover Evoque 2.0 petrol & Range Rover L405 4.4 diesel). Couple years ago I had Cayenne and I did UOA after using 6 cleaners per interval - everything was perfect, no parameters were violated. So today I used the endoscope to look at the cylinders/valves. In short, awesome! Range Rover Evoque 2.0 petrol, 160,000 km mileage, but it seems like 20. Only one of the cylinders has minimal carbon deposits on the valve.
What I have filled in over the last 7000 km (almost every second gas station includes flushing):

Over 5000km:
Wynns Catalyc&Oxigen cleaner
KYK 63-017
Oilsyn PEA doctor
Texaco Techron 2 pcs in one tank
Bg 44k
Texaco Techron again
Xado MultiCleaner
Redline SL-1

Changed the oil and drove another 2000:
Pro-tec valve & injector cleaner
LM Direct Injector Cleaner
LM valve sauber
Wynns extreme petrol cleaner
Pulse GT petrol power cleaner

View attachment 213320

View attachment 213321

View attachment 213322

View attachment 213323

View attachment 213324

View attachment 213325

View attachment 213326

View attachment 213327

View attachment 213328

View attachment 213329
Use Redline SL-1 love that stuff. I micro dose with it all the time. My car and bike love it.

1) old car
2) he exceeded the concentration of additives in the tank by a lot.
It wasn't clear to me from your first post that you were not exceeding the concentration of additives "by a lot". Just throwing it out there in case it was helpful to you.

Back