I spend way too much time thinking about oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have dreams about being online at BITOG.
shocked.gif

One of my worst recurring dreams is where I'm standing in the lobby of the local Texaco Xpress Lube waiting to get the wife's Expedition serviced, & the counter guys asks "What kind of oil do you want us to use?" Then I answer "Oh, whatever's in your bulk tank there will be fine."
frown.gif
Stupid me.

Truth be told, that's what I did with my wife's Expedition for about 40k miles, or approx. 10 oil changes at that Texaco X-L shop. Then the last two times I had it changed by someone else was at Wal-Mart, where they used a Fram oil filter. Oh well, at least they used a decent oil (ST 5w30)

Ahhhhhhh, now that that's out in the open I feel better. I haven't let anybody change the oil in my car or my wife's Expy in 18 months. I do it all myself now using better fluids & filters than what is necessary.

The worst nightmare is you die and your wife gives your 200 or so quart stash away and starts frequenting the speedy lube shop.
shocked.gif

I had a dream a few days ago that WalMart was discontinuing all 5 quart (yellow Jug) of Pennzoil dino and they were all priced $3.99 on clearance.
smile.gif

All they had was 10w40.

I guess I should not visit this site before I go to sleep.

You guys need to diversify your obsession portfolios. Here are some ideas:

Brake Pads: Semi- metallic, ceramic, carbon fiber, titanium?

Brake rotors: Chinese vs. N. American?

Brake fluid: flush vs. no flush

Coolant: G-05, dexcool, OEM?

Parts: OEM vs. NAPA, Carquest, Autozone,Advance, Pep Boys????

Wax vs. Sealant??? Zaino vs. the world?

Repairs: dealer vs. independent???

Additives: None vs. a gazzillion choices.

I also spend too much time thinking about oil since I found this site.When the wife and I go to wal-mart she knows that I will be in the automotive section.I work in a psychiatric facility,I'm thinking of checking myself in.

This site actually inspired me to pursue a degree in petroleum engineering from Texas A&M. Haven't taken any "oil" classes yet, but I will in time.

Good for you, tamu_man!

Of course, as soon as you have your degree and have accumulated some real-world experience with lubricants, no one here will listen to you anymore
smile.gif

either that or tamu_man will have some professor from the 1980's who spends all his time on the science of Group I refining.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back