I really hate people on craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: linkbelt
I agree that if I were selling a motorcycle, I would require cash upfront, (for a test run), as I am not going to ride "shotgun" and I may not ever see that sucker again! LOL

My only requirement of someone taking a test drive solo is taking their license during test drive which validates mostly its legal and is typically proof they say who they are.

Originally Posted By: methusaleh
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
bunnspecial said:
Icing on the cake: I wasn't selling my persoal items. I was doing it to help out the widow of a long-term club member who didn't have a clue about any of items her husband bought. Further, I was volunteering my time and efforts. This dirt-bag even knew the guy in the club!

What a loser.........
May I venture a guess that this was an amateur radio club? Because the exact same scenario seems to plague every club I belong to, no matter what state I am living in!
No: An astronomy club. I'm a HRO myself and found it quite difficult to fit-in to the local club. Not very welcoming to new guys that want to pitch in mostly. Guess I needed to prove myself first.

It takes all kinds. Sure could do with a bit less of their type though!

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
I agree that if I were selling a motorcycle, I would require cash upfront, (for a test run), as I am not going to ride "shotgun" and I may not ever see that sucker again! LOL

This is a good policy, if only to sort out the "dreamers" who don't have the cash, or have to get it from mommy, or have to sell an ATV/playstation first, etc.

It also puts the onus on them for showing up to deal without being serious about it. Cuts down on you, the seller, looking unreasonable.

For clunker cars I give them the key and say have fun. I don't ride along unless they ask me to.

For max pay/ minimum fuss you the seller have to be "cool".

I always demanded full purchase price in cash before test-riding one of my bikes. What's to stop him from riding to the end of the block and laying it down, or running it into a parked car? You lay it down, you may as well just pick it up and ride it home. Here's your title. Thanks for the cash.

If I were to sell a car, I'd just do a ride-along once I verified a license and insurance.

Just hang on if you can...there's a lot of freaks on Craigslist, but then you'll eventually stumble across your perfect buyer.

My favorite questions are "will you take x for trade?", "will you take payments?" and "will you deliver?".

A resounding "NO" on the first two. I'll deliver a piece of furniture or a car within a 10 mile radius.

Originally Posted By: WylieCoyote
I always demanded full purchase price in cash before test-riding one of my bikes. What's to stop him from riding to the end of the block and laying it down, or running it into a parked car? You lay it down, you may as well just pick it up and ride it home. Here's your title. Thanks for the cash.

If I were to sell a car, I'd just do a ride-along once I verified a license and insurance.

Just hang on if you can...there's a lot of freaks on Craigslist, but then you'll eventually stumble across your perfect buyer.

My favorite questions are "will you take x for trade?", "will you take payments?" and "will you deliver?".

A resounding "NO" on the first two. I'll deliver a piece of furniture or a car within a 10 mile radius.

Or better yet,they ask,"Can I pay you by the week"? Haha

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Or better yet,they ask,"Can I pay you by the week"? Haha

I actually had a bidder from "that auction site" who emailed me after placing a bid to ask that question...on a rather collectible but merely $15 item! I cancelled his bid and blocked him.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
What's even worse is people who complain about craigslist, a free junk listing tool for the masses.

Give this guy an award
smile.gif

UPDATE:

I forgot to come back and post the car was sold like I said I would. Sold to a nice man and woman who were very happy with it. They appreciated my honesty and detailed info on the vehicle and they were thrilled about all the work that had been done. I got what I wanted for it. I had to wait longer than I wanted to but I just ignored the low ball stuff( i.e. BITOG type people )and waited for a deal I was happy with.

grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back