I put my cabin air filter in backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my cabin filter last year, sort of a hassel.... I think it went in backwards but seems to work! Any thought?

poikaa

Last edited by a moderator:
Flip it over? Don't? Depends on where you live, where you drive, and how much your allergies are affected, though not getting dust in the ducts is also nice for keeping mildew lower and keeping the interior cleaner.

If it seemed like you got it in when you did it, there's probably not much air getting around. What made you close it up THEN but NOW think it is backwards?

It was a year ago and you just now are wondering if you put it in backwards? And then you post here instead of just checking it out or replacing it? It's been a year, isn't it about due for replacement? All of my cars that have cabin filters will not allow you to install it backwards.

You didn't drop anything in there, did you?

Do you have to turn on the A/C to get heat now? HA! I wouldn't flip it now, you'll suck the the dirt into the fan.

So just put the new one in the right way, no flipping it after a year of dirt.

Originally Posted by Rand
So just put the new one in the right way, no flipping it after a year of dirt.

Amen!

If it went in with difficulty 'cause it was backwards, it'll probably come out with difficulty cause it was backwards. I'd let it run out til change time. I definitely wouldn't flip it.

It was hard to get in, that should've been our clue

You can always flip it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
It was hard to get in, that should've been our clue

You can always flip it
smile.gif

Mine are super easy the end of the filter has Down arrow "Air Flow" Down arrow.

If you are getting good air flow when fan is running, then don't worry about it. The ones I've seen look the same on both sides and without the directional arrows, could be installed either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back