I need assembly and mounting ideas - Motor Guard bypass & heat exchanger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to install a laminar heat exchanger and also want the motor guard bypass. The heat exchanger screws into the FF filter spot on the engine and can have a FF filter screw into it. Is there a way to set up a dual remote mount - one with FF and one with the motor guard bypass. What are ideas on assembly and which parts to buy?

Thanks for your help.

You can get a Permacool remote from Jeg's part #771-195 on page 60-G of their current catalog.

-

You don't need the larger part of the adapter.

You then plumb that to either a single or dual remote. Here's the kit in single (771-10695) and dual (771-10795):

-

Even if you're not going to use the hose barbs and hose ..the kit seems a better deal than ordering the remote filter mount adapters and the remote mount seperately.

If you want to return the discharge from the MG30 to the pressurized return line, then you may need to get the Permacool sandwich adapter as well. (771-181) to place either between the laminar cooler and the remote mount (more and longer lines) or between the remote filter mount and the ff filter (single mount recommended in this configureation).

If, OTOH, you're returning to the valve cover or oil pan, then you just tap off the either the supply or discharge side of the remote mount and run that to your MG30 and be happy. (side note: AFAIK hooking up to the discharge side of the filter (pressurized return) has never been done. The advantage is that you get post ff filtered oil instead of raw sump oil. It's still at relatively high pressure - perhaps 2-4 psi difference after warm up ..so the point of pressure is, for the most part, moot).

Another point that I failed to include in my other post here. If you are going to a remote filter, the heat exchanger can be mounted where the filter is mounted, and not to the block. For that matter you can have two if you're so inclined (if you wanted quicker transitions). For that matter you can stack them on top of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back