I Need A Laundry Sink Pump System

My Laundry Sink Pump quit working and need some brand recommendations . It looks like this >>>>

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 18-39-00 Amazon.com Simer 2925B Self-Contained Above-Floor Corrosion-...jpg

My guess is a slop sink that the washer discharges into, the sump pump then does the work to discharge the water out of the home.

The internet suggests that it's used where there is no drain nearby or you need it pumped uphill to get to a drain. I would think that this would be a pretty rare occurrence, but the number of reviews for these items suggests that it is not. Having installed a laundry tub once where there was none before, yeah doing the drain pipe was the hardest part.

Fairly common in older homes with a basement to help retrofit a bathroom or laundry room. House I used to own was built in 1946. Basement had a sump in the floor with a 1/3 HP cast iron Zoeller pump that went straight into the sewer system (no-no for code now). Discharged washing machine waste water with it.

Seems like poor planning on part of the builder.

Builder had nothing to do with it.
The purpose of these units are to retrofit drainage relatively economically after the fact where there is no infrastructure for it.

Builder had nothing to do with it.
The purpose of these units are to retrofit drainage relatively economically after the fact where there is no infrastructure for it.
2x How septic or city sewer line goes out of the building is not under the builder's control. Also, today's washers with small drain pumps will not pump over 6' from the floor unlike the old belt driven high-capacity pumps of the old washers to high waste connections so pump boxes are becoming more common.

In 2000 we bought our house and the pump in the detached garage failed in a few weeks. It’s a buried sump; I replaced the pump and this year it failed, rather the external float switch failed. I was sure I’d find a lot of lint and hair but to my surprise there was none of that in the sump. The pump was not a sewage ejection pump. It did a fine job pumping through all the things the washer dealt with, and a utility sink.

The new pump is a Zoeller M63 sump pump. At most I’ll have to replace it once more before I pass.

Years ago, my neighbor put a small shower in the basement. He made his own with a small sump pump and a kitty litter pail

Back