I may have an oil filter problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may need help.

For my Jeep alone I have on hand 2 Baldwin B2's, 2 Puro PureOne's, a Mopar, and a Fram Extended Guard.

In the last 36 hours I added an FL-1A and a Napa Gold 1515.

That's probably about 2 years out on filters.

Is there any cure for this sickness?
laugh.gif

Got a similar stash? Post it and make me feel better hah hah.

I've got about 6-7 filters for my Cruze and 3-4 filters for the Fit. The Cruze's filters are special order in parts stores and can get pricey at $tealer$hips, so I stocked up when a fellow BITOG'er (thanks again, SunnyInHollister!) was selling their stash for their traded Cruze.

Yeah, I'm down to 1 filter in my stash.

I've been unemployed since Feb and things are REALLY tight around here.

Since I don't drive everyday I think my current OCI's should go into next year sometime.

However, I do feel like I am going through withdraw. I want a couple of Fram Ultra's pretty bad. Seems to be a good deal, and they are made in America.

The only reason I will really "Need" a filter is if my Sister's car needs another OCI this year. Which I will just pick up at the time.

ok, don't feel too bad:
Filters:(neon)
(4)Bosch 3330
(8)Wix 51348
(1)Quakerstate QS3614
(1)Mobil 1 M1-102
(1)PureOne PL10241
Filters:(vibe)
(1)PureOne PL14476
(1)PureOne PL14477

then there's the oil & Spark plugs i have on hand...
Spark Plugs:Neon - (change every 30K mi..)
(4)Champion RC9YC
(16) Autolite 3923

Oil:
5w20:
5qts Formula Shell
5qts Mobil Super 5000
5qts Meijer Full Syn
5w30:
5qts Nextgen Conv.
5qts Meijer Conv.
5qts PP

I have six FL820-S for the mercury, 2 FL400-S for the F150 and six filters for the Grand Caraven. I just don't want to have to buy filters for quite a while to go with my FAR oil!

I don't have as many OCIs of filters as I do oil, but I do buy them when they are cheap on closeout or with MIR.
If you intend to keep the vehicle long enough to use the oil filters, I see no problem with your minor obsession.

I try not to hoard filters, with one exception. I have two Soparis CV521 filters on hand (from a pack of four) for my Peugeot because I have to mail order filters for that car.

Back when I had an FL-400S application, I would always keep one on hand because on two occasions every parts store in town was sold out of all brands in that size.

I have 6 Wix filters in a box sitting next to my computer desk. I originally bought a 12 pack since it was cheaper per filter. I've used 6 already. I did go halves on them with my buddy who also has a 4.0L, since I change the oil on his as well. It looks like less since they are still in the box though.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I think I may need help.

For my Jeep alone I have on hand 2 Baldwin B2's, 2 Puro PureOne's, a Mopar, and a Fram Extended Guard.

laugh.gif

I suggest not using the Baldwins in cold weather. I had startup noise with my Baldwin B2s in my S-10 4.3.
Save em' for warmer weather next year - then cross your fingers things remain quiet in cold starts during the summer. Hope you have better luck than I had. I purchased four online and ended up throwing two away after poor results with the first two.

I've had great luck with Baldwins, maybe you got a bad run?

Well I see I'm not the worst on here anyway! Good suggestion to get another 4.0, my buddy has one also and my son may be buying my old one back so now I have an excuse!

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

I suggest not using the Baldwins in cold weather. I had startup noise with my Baldwin B2s in my S-10 4.3.
Save em' for warmer weather next year - then cross your fingers things remain quiet in cold starts during the summer. Hope you have better luck than I had. I purchased four online and ended up throwing two away after poor results with the first two.

I suggest you use the correct filter for your S-10 4.3. The Baldwin B2 is not spec'd for your application and has inch threads instead of metric and a bypass in the filter which you do not needed since most GM products have the bypass built in the block.

You need a Baldwin B35-S which is a totally different animal than the B2.

B2 Link

B35-S Link

Last edited:
I think I may need help.

laugh.gif

Dude, I was hoping to read this thread to make me feel better.

I currently have 12 Puro Classics, 7 Quaker States, 11 Pure Ones, 3 Napa Golds, and 1 Wix.

Thats 34 filters. I can't help myself when I see them on sale. I am however going to sell 10 or 12 of them to my father-in-law for what I paid for them, I promised him I'd pick up some for his Corolla when I saw them on sale. So I guess it's not THAT bad...

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
I think I may need help.

laugh.gif

Dude, I was hoping to read this thread to make me feel better.

I currently have 12 Puro Classics, 7 Quaker States, 11 Pure Ones, 3 Napa Golds, and 1 Wix.

Thats 34 filters. I can't help myself when I see them on sale. I am however going to sell 10 or 12 of them to my father-in-law for what I paid for them, I promised him I'd pick up some for his Corolla when I saw them on sale. So I guess it's not THAT bad...

Well you made ME feel better anyway!
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back