I made a mistake Redline ATF ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the wrong Redline ATF for my 1997 Lexus LX450 and my 1998 Toyota Sienna Van. They call for either Dexron II or III. I ordered Redline ATF and not the D4 ATF. Their regular ATF is for dexron II applications and their D4 is for dexron III applications.

Does anyone have a lot of experience with these fluids and am I ok using it? If not, I just wasted $110.

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Call the company see if they have a local jobber.
Another option is Advance Auto is a chain auto parts store that carries Redline products.
cheers.gif

I do purchase a lot of stuff from Advanced Discount. I purchased this fluid on-line as it was easier to dealing with the special order at Adv Discount. I guess I could see if they could excange it but I doubt they will

Thanks

Andrew

quote:

Originally posted by Andrewsreef:
They call for either Dexron II or III. I ordered Redline ATF and not the D4 ATF. Their regular ATF is for dexron II applications and their D4 is for dexron III applications.

Is there a problem with the ATF? You say your vehicles can run either 2 or 3, so the ATF as a type 2 should be ok.

If in doubt call or email Redline.

COntact the online retailer. You might have to take a hit on the shipping, but heck, better than the whole $110.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back