I love Lucas marine grease

I have to say I love Lucas marine grease, you can pick it up at Walmart for$6-$8. I use it in everything including boat trailer hub bearings. It is the most sticky clingy grease I have worked with, I mean it sticks to everything and is a pain to get off your hands and clothes but that’s a small price to pay, lol. It doesn’t seam to drop out like other greases over time. I even love the color!

isn't it a common recommendation to use OBCS complex grease in CV joints? It seems like a very wide-application grease solution, sparing cold, cold temps.

I’m up in North Dakota, it gets down to -40 every winter here. It’s used in tractors and the snow blower bearings ect… but honestly no grease will flow at that temp, I have to heat up the bearing and keep my grease guns in a heated building if I want to service them but for the most part I just apply the grease before it gets below freezing during the day. I used to use travelers marine grease but this seems to hold up better.

I have to say I love Lucas marine grease, you can pick it up at Walmart for$6-$8. I use it in everything including boat trailer hub bearings. It is the most sticky clingy grease I have worked with, I mean it sticks to everything and is a pain to get off your hands and clothes but that’s a small price to pay, lol. It doesn’t seam to drop out like other greases over time. I even love the color!
Overbased Calcium Sulfonate
imho chuck norris of thickeners.

Back