I LOVE BITOG

like the title says, I absolutely love this website/forums, I have learned SO MUCH from you guys and for the better, I really respect most of the people on here, especially the one who are adding data to this website on their own dime, I'm not sure if you guys know or have been told but your saving others A LOT of money, if others haven't already said it then I would like to say THANK YOU. I use this forum as my time pass and I learn so much everyday, maybe it sounds weird but I'm refreshing to see what's new on this forum every 5-10 minutes when I'm not busy, for me that's saying a lot, I'm not really addicted to anything but working on cars. I rather read and learn something on BITOG then watch TV!

Not trying to thread jack, but I would also like to extend my thanks to everyone as well. I have learned a lot about oil and also some ways to save money.

AKhan87

Originally Posted By: trx250x92
Not trying to thread jack, but I would also like to extend my thanks to everyone as well. I have learned a lot about oil and also some ways to save money.
totally agree, thread jack all day man, whatever appreciation you wanna show for BITOG!

+1! Learnt so much and still learning Always have this page loaded in Safari and refresh and check it on every break at work and check every 10 minutes at home haha Thanks to all the brainboxes and old school mechanics on here for sharing knowledge and experience

AKhan87

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
+1! Learnt so much and still learning Always have this page loaded in Safari and refresh and check it on every break at work and check every 10 minutes at home haha Thanks to all the brainboxes and old school mechanics on here for sharing knowledge and experience
LOL I do exactly this!

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
like the title says, I absolutely love this website/forums, I have learned SO MUCH from you guys and for the better, I really respect most of the people on here, especially the one who are adding data to this website on their own dime, I'm not sure if you guys know or have been told but your saving others A LOT of money, if others haven't already said it then I would like to say THANK YOU. I use this forum as my time pass and I learn so much everyday, maybe it sounds weird but I'm refreshing to see what's new on this forum every 5-10 minutes when I'm not busy, for me that's saying a lot, I'm not really addicted to anything but working on cars. I rather read and learn something on BITOG then watch TV!
One of the better posts I have seen recently. Agree completely, it's nice to have some positive vibes!!

I come here asking for mech advice vs asking at brand/model specific forums/sites. I really like the tried and true advice here and I also contribute to this forum of my interesting findings.

I too agree! So many members, you can ask any question about anything, and someone here will have experience. The members make this a great site!

I love this site too. I've tried other vehicle/brand specific site(s) but seems if your not posting about putting bigger tires, bigger exhaust, lift kits, or engine mods there is really no interest in helping. Every post here gets plenty of help and suggestions from repairs, maintenance to fluids. Even got help on the snow blower here.

Last edited:
This place is really great for general and even some specific vehicle knowledge as well as everything else under the tree. A lot of good GM/Ford/Dodge guys here. Same with VW/BMW/MB and with the Imports from Japan. I only see one problem though... We all think we are know-it-alls laugh

JDW

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
This place is really great for general and even some specific vehicle knowledge as well as everything else under the tree. A lot of good GM/Ford/Dodge guys here. Same with VW/BMW/MB and with the Imports from Japan. I only see one problem though... We all think we are know-it-alls laugh
99% think they know it all , I am in the one 1% lol But know a lot of things in a certain field wink

Nick1994

$50 Site Donor
Yup lots of knowledge here, I've learned a lot. I've asked questions on a popular TDI forum and the post gets 110 views but nobody answers it they just skim by.

This site is pretty great, 80% of the time. The other 20% is unwarranted hatred, bias, etc. Luckily, you're not forced to read everything. LOL

^^^Good point. Pretty wacky to imagine a forum full of folks who would all agree with you! Not likely IMO. I've learned a ton here and always look forward to the smart folks sharing their knowledge. Like he said^^^you don't have to read everything...

What's really great about BITOG is long after I'm dead, my posts will still be here; over 9000 of them. My posts will literally outlive me. smile