I just got a brand NIB LG Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can i do with it?
21.gif

I know that may be a silly question but my last smartphone was a "Sidekick iD" four years ago and im looking at the LG Optimus V, new in the box.

I either need to get my head around what i can do with "apps" or sell it.

I have unlimited data web and text so.........

Just a thought but this forum has lots of stuff you can do with Android.

I have been running custom stuff on my Android since the second week I owned it (since Jan this year.) I love Android now!

Cool. Dumb question: What are some of the things i can DO with my smartphone? And is there an app to in fact watch Youtube videos?

Im TOTALLY new to this phone. Thanks!

yes, you can watch you tube either thru a special app or right from the browser. you can also sync to multiple email accounts at once ( I have work, personal, and clucn email accounts all sync'd to my fone). it can act as a GPS, play angry birds, play pandora streaming music. I'm actually not a smartphone fanboy and was one of the last converts in my cirle of friends, colleages, etc.

If you use on a compass, there is this cool app called "Gps status" Measures X,Y,Z axis of device, compass, co-ordinates of location, etc.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
yes, you can watch you tube either thru a special app or right from the browser. you can also sync to multiple email accounts at once ( I have work, personal, and clucn email accounts all sync'd to my fone). it can act as a GPS, play angry birds, play pandora streaming music. I'm actually not a smartphone fanboy and was one of the last converts in my cirle of friends, colleages, etc.

You sound like me..
smile.gif

Im -totally- afraid of the virtual buttons. I DO live in a humid environment after all!

Well after i unbox it and let it charge up for a day or so and turn it on. What are some of the first things i should do with it? And what custom apps are there?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: beast3300
Just a thought but this forum has lots of stuff you can do with Android.

I have been running custom stuff on my Android since the second week I owned it (since Jan this year.) I love Android now!

You can watch youtube with the youtube app, or use the browser and got to youtube.com. From there you can choose to watch with the browser or the YT app.

You can also play games with your phone. Check out the market, that is where you find apps.

You can use it to navigate to a destination with something like google maps.

You can talk on the phone with a bluetooth paired earpiece. I can't think of anything else at the moment.... Wait, you can listen to music with your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back