I hit a HUGE pothole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew2000
Alot to be said for frumpy 65 and 70 series tires in the "real" world!

I know what you mean. Even little economy cars today come with 16" and 17" tires that are very expensive when replacement is needed. What ever happened to 155/13's, 165/13's etc...

Only 10"??? Here we have problems when the snow that fills the potholes melts and then you get the full force of that tire disappearing and re-appearing at 40mph...
shocked2.gif

Take it in and have the alignment checked. Here I usually buy a 3 year alignment "package" for a discounted price and tak it in every 6 months. Once I hit a pothole here that took the right the front wheel off. It rolled a whole block down the street and into a Shell station and knocked a guy over who was pumping gas into his minivan. He was covered in gas & road dirt and was so mad he called the police. Two cops showed up because they thought I knocked him down physically. When they saw my car sitting 1000 feet down the street with no wheel and the guy all covered with dirt & gasoline they both started laughing so hard they could hardly write me a ticket. The guy got so mad he jumped in his car and sped out of there. So the cops let me go.

Last edited:
Watch for bubbles / blisters on your tires sidewalls. I have lost more than one tire in that way, without damaging the car.

Ten inches is as tall as the curb, and hitting a curb at even 15mph will cause damage. Something has to give -- either your front wheels/tires, suspension, whatever. ..Unless you were going extremely slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back