I have Tularemia

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the doctors have been treating me for a tick-borne disease for a couple weeks (Lyme and Rocky Mountain tests were inconclusive), additional tests came back this week and I have Tularemia.
The antibiotic I've been taking will help, but they are switching to another type, higher dose, and 2 more weeks.
Interestingly, Tularemia (rabbit fever) almost killed my grandfather in the late 1940's. His was from cleaning rabbits. As hunting season is not in here, mine is almost certainly from tick bites, possibly deer fly bite.
Either way, glad to finally know why I've been feeling like this.

Good God man, I hope you get better! Take your antibiotics religiously and you'll probably get out of this. I took a cruise about 6 years ago and caught something while on it and had to take antibiotic horse pills for 2 months. I hated that but the doctor gave me a parting comment that filled me pure enthusiasm: "If you don't take every one of these on time exactly like the instructions say, the virus may get stronger and kill you"

I was never so happy as when I took the last of those 120 pills!

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Good God man, I hope you get better! Take your antibiotics religiously and you'll probably get out of this. I took a cruise about 6 years ago and caught something while on it and had to take antibiotic horse pills for 2 months. I hated that but the doctor gave me a parting comment that filled me pure enthusiasm: "If you don't take every one of these on time exactly like the instructions say, the virus may get stronger and kill you"

I was never so happy as when I took the last of those 120 pills!

Good story other than the fact that antibiotics don't effect viruses , only bacteria.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Ask the doc if you can take Warfarin; that stuff kills everything.

That would be of no use here. It is used as a rodent control, but only for its anticoagulant effects. Its also known as coumadin. Its typically used for atrial fibrillation patients, and some patients with mechanical heart valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back