I Have Sinned / Bought Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard not to buy made in China, the lowest quality for a medium or higher price

Some Chinese stuff is working its way up to "OEM quality" from what it used to be. I bought a Sunsong power steering hose for my ECHO and it looked like the OEM one from Toyota. It was so good that when my son-in-law's car needed a hose I got a Sunsong one for that. Excellent fit, all the OEM brackets, holders and overwrap, and so far is working great.

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GY6-35-Crystal-...le/282607258597

Just my little experiment. Nevermind.
grin2.gif

It is impossible to live anything close to resembling a typical life in 2017 without Chinese made stuff sadly.

I have bought Chinese stuff that was awesome quality and some that is poor.

I will buy USA made if the price, features and quality are close. I am willing to spend at least 30 percent or more if its quality and made in the USA.

I did buy a LG HE washer and dryer reluctantly due to the fact they got the best reviews and the models I found that were made here had design defects and a poor track record.

4 years later and a lot of wash done they have preformed flawlessly.

I have a Maytag USA made refrigerator that's almost 9 years old and its been flawless. Same with my dishwasher.

There is a lot of producing going on in China, shipping to North American shores and then "Finishing" the goods with minor touches so they can claim it's made here. This is the biggest scam on the planet and it's happening all over the place with "Made in .... Insert Country Here" goods.
wink.gif

No, not everything is made in China. There's still a lot of stuff made in the US but people don't want them once they see the price.

A while back there was a thread asking for recommendations on car ramps. People only recommended Chinese-made ramps even though there are US-made ramps available (at 4x the price).

When patriotism faces selfish economic reality, the latter wins. Just accept this fact.

By the way, I don't trust very cheap electric goods from China. They can be a fire & safety hazard. Check out the YT videos on cheap LED bulbs from China (non-UL listed)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: xfactor9
No, not everything is made in China. There's still a lot of stuff made in the US but people don't want them once they see the price.

A while back there was a thread asking for recommendations on car ramps. People only recommended Chinese-made ramps even though there are US-made ramps available (at 4x the price).

When patriotism faces selfish economic reality, the latter wins. Just accept this fact

Because those people that won't pay that price have wages that either haven't kept up with the times or have had wages that they have had to take concessions on for fear of it being outsourced to a Robot or overseas. This is why the closed loop economy is broken so they have no choice but to buy Chinese because their wages don't allow them to buy locally made. And I mean actually locally made not the nonsense I described above.

OP here,

Like I knew and everybody has said, there's not much you can do about it.

It shows us how much the World has changed.
To be able to buy something so high-tec for only $1.66.

Sweet and Sour Chicken? I went to the Chinese buffet the other day. Very good esp the Chicken and mushroom, fried rice, dumplings, garlic string beans, etc.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Sweet and Sour Chicken? I went to the Chinese buffet the other day. Very good esp the Chicken and mushroom, fried rice, dumplings, garlic string beans, etc.

Heck yes!! Sweet and sour chicken!!
laugh.gif
I swear I could eat Chinese food every single day. The buffet like how you had it is the best! Because you can indulge in all the different deliciosos that they offer. Those garlic string beans are heavenly,as are egg rolls and egg drop soup with those little crunchy things you add to it.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
It makes you think about the risk if....hypothetically speaking...the USA had a war with China. Within 2 months all the shelves at Walmart would be empty. A huge amount of stuff would not be locally available. Such a scary thought of how much control China has against the world.

Your conclusions are all wrong......China will not wage war with the USA, their largest consumer of Chinese made products.
They need us like a plant needs water, to keep it growing.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Heck yes!! Sweet and sour chicken!!
laugh.gif
I swear I could eat Chinese food every single day. The buffet like how you had it is the best! Because you can indulge in all the different deliciosos that they offer. Those garlic string beans are heavenly,as are egg rolls and egg drop soup with those little crunchy things you add to it.

You would not add those little crunchy things to your egg drop soup if you knew what those little crunchy things are.
No, I do not know what they are, but I likes 'em!

My favorite Chinese buffet has what I call a "Forrest Gump" table.....shrimp prepared in so many ways you have to try them all.

Why do most here blame the Chinese for manufacturing products that used to be made in the USA? American companies are the ones sending the production to China, rag on them, and leave the moo goo gai pan on the buffet table!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back