I found this on EBAY, now I have questions,

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member here
Im looking to buy a synthetic 0-40 for my car that is occasionly road raced. Because I do frequent changes, Id like a 55 gallon drum:

Link to Ebay buy it now
Has anyone ever heard of this oil? Everyone please chime in, I will be using this as an affordable alternative to other synthetic oils.

Thanks
Meech

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

Quote:
Used in all Polaris 4 stroke products including Snowmobiles, ATV’s, and Personal Watercraft.

Don't think it's for cars.
wink.gif

You can get big volumes of just about any oil you want. What kind of car is it?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

Quote:
Used in all Polaris 4 stroke products including Snowmobiles, ATV’s, and Personal Watercraft.

Don't think it's for cars.
wink.gif

You can get big volumes of just about any oil you want. What kind of car is it?

2006 300C SRT8
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Yeah its probably SJ or SG rated, which means it does not have the right ad pack for your car which needs a SL or higher rating.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Doesn't the SRT8 use Mobil 1 0w-40?

Yes it does, but I cant get it in a 55 gallon drum.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: 97 GTP
Wow, That's $16.82/qt

Wouldn't that be $16.82 a GALLON?

John

Ha! That's what I meant to type. Ok $4.21/qt + shipping.

That's not a good price at all really. I wonder who makes that oil....? 0-40 pretty unique. I bet it's Exxon.

Originally Posted By: MBluthe
That's not a good price at all really. I wonder who makes that oil....? 0-40 pretty unique. I bet it's Exxon.

While I can't say too much for their 4 stroke oil, Polaris's specific additives in their 2s oil are added/blended by Lubrication Technologies (Lube Tech). IIRC, they get their bulk oil from Chevron??? and have it blended/modified to their specs by Lube Tech. I can't see why the 4s oil would be any different..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back