I Found Some Money ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my bank account this morning.

Pending Activity
Date Activity Description Deposits Withdrawals
04/15/2020 IRS TREAS 310 TAX REF 041520 *************08 $2,400.00

Must be that check they have been talking about.

I am non-employed/retired so my income was less than $3000 last year.

I feel bad taking this money - don't REALLY need it like some may.

- Ken

my brother got his yesterday direct deposit lol

So far uncle sam hasn't dropped any coin in my account
frown.gif

Dave

"I am non-employed/retired so my income was less than $3000 last year."

Sounds like you could use $2400 to me!

I saw the fatties lined up for free food on the news here. I think there are better places to donate.

I understand how you feel; the rules are the rules.
That is your money.
As others have stated, there are plenty of opportunities for good, if you should choose to do so.

But why $2400? Perhaps you and your wife?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
in my bank account this morning.

I am non-employed/retired so my income was less than $3000 last year.

- Ken

No social security? If not, you have annual income from the monthly govt SS payments.

"I saw the fatties lined up for free food....", ain't that the seeming truth.

There sure seems to be a range of people of a certain age and apparent able-bodiedness into who's hands brooms and/or shovels should be placed before they're fed.

I do realize that there are places where the food delivery chain has broken. I'm not talking about those locations.

Ask me what I'd have people in prisons do for their room and board and release stipend.

HINT: Nothing bad, just productive work.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

amen brother

It's happening in Canada also. The CERB program is the most basic. If you can process oxygen you'll get $2000 or month for 4 months. Theoretically you had to have made $5,000 in the last 12 months, but reality is that it's easier than that.

There are several others coming, such as help with rent in some provinces and help for small business. Let's not shut down the thread because of politics.

As soon as approved by government I opened a 529 college plan for my 6 year old with our family's $3900 in the mail or wire so to speak.

Win win in terms of market timing getting buying in and great place for her future.

Originally Posted by FT92
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

amen brother

Normally don't love religious stuff but it totally applies as generality. Agree

Watching milk poured down drain and veggies rotting was terrible in a news bite. I am guessing restaurant/served food demand is down to nothing.

Fine! I'll mess it up by not spending it,but by paying off a bill. So,I wont be stimulating the economy but paying off a debt to doctor. The remaining money will go towards either the Dobermans or the Doberman Rescue Center in Kansas City.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I feel bad taking this money - don't REALLY need it like some may.

At the risk of going political--I pay taxes, and I'll be paying taxes after this, so I'm not sure I feel bad taking it. [Then again, I don't pay lots of taxes, not having two kids at home.
21.gif
] I don't "need" the money but who knows about the future.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Watching milk poured down drain and veggies rotting was terrible in a news bite. I am guessing restaurant/served food demand is down to nothing.

I've wondered a time or two about going out MORE during these downturns. It would spend money locally. Problem is, it's still cheaper to eat at home. And while I do have the recommended emergency savings amount that is bandied about... it suffers the same problem as all other money accounts do--once it's spent, it's gone.

I have been finding myself spending a bit more though, nothing major, but with some newfound extra time I've been working on some hobby stuff. Between the wife and I we have gone from about 1,000 miles per week driving to about 40. So I don't feel bad spending that gas savings someplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back