I Don’t like the new KIA logo

Old one was bad, new one was bad. Old one needed to be changed, new one was a poor replacement. My wife says it looks like "KN".

You guys made me do this:

B80DE2B2-0E04-472E-B3C6-6C0B0B2BCA63.jpeg

if you own one of the "affected" vehicles, and the badge bothers you that much... there are folks all over ebay and etsy who will make you decals to go over it with what ever logo you want.... My Cmax is Sporting Autobot Decals over all the exterior ford emblems...even the Center caps.

in fact, here's the guy i got mine from:

it's fun some times, seing people walking around the car trying to figure out "what is that? i don't recognize the logo?"

I hate it as well.

It looks like they had a contest of high school students in graphic design make it, and vote among themselves.

Not a complement. It absolutely ruins the new Telluride. Still, I don't understand the obsession of the K emblem from overseas either. It doesn't change the fact that it is still a KIA.

The ones that I've seen look like cheap "glow in the dark" plastic lettering slapped on the vehicle. No real placard / emblem as with the previous KIA logo. IMO, KIA deserves better.

The name, "KIA" just doesn't have a good sound to it here in the states but I love their vehicles. Not only to look at but to drive as well.

It sounds like…K-K-K-K-K - KIA.
Most MFG’s have decent sounding names. And of course there are the really nice/elaborate sounding names that roll off the tong better than others.

LINCOLN
MERCEDES
AMC
BMW
GMC
TESLA
SATURN
CHRYSLER
AUDI
CADILLAC
JAGUAR
LEXUS
INFINITY
MERCURY
ALFA ROMEO
Then there are the, “we got used to” sounding names such as:
FORD
FIAT
PLYMOUTH
DODGE
HYUNDAI
HONDA
TOYOTA
MAZDA
NISSAN
CHEVROLET
BUICK
PONTIAC
OLDSMOBILE(I wish they would have just called it OLDS).

Then there’s KIA
Or how’bout Tata

What are some of your favorite or least favorite name plates?

Is it 4X larger than the old one, as per what's been happening lately?
These HUGE cartoonish emblems and grilles seriously need to go away. I wonder if it’s because all cars now look the same, and that huge brand emblem has to be seen to be able to identify the particular brand?

Back