I cant find Castrol Edge Titanium no more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
where has my beloved Edge Titanium gone? recently went to fire stone to have new tires install on my tundra.(Bridgestone Duller Alenzas).They gave me a free Synthetic Oil change I already ran 5k on the Kendall Full Syn 10w30. I Love there Synblend which is Factory fill for Honda & Motorcraft. I just dont trust the Firestone oil filter. The only reason why I took the oil change is because I can not find Edge Titanium anywhere
21.gif

P.S. my truck felt a little odd running 10w30 shes at 190K and Always used 5w30 till this day I never have to add a qt of oil in here!

It's been repackaged as Castrol Edge Extended Protection. Same gold bottle. Walmart carries it

Originally Posted By: JohnathanDm
where has my beloved Edge Titanium gone? recently went to fire stone to have new tires install on my tundra.(Bridgestone Duller Alenzas).They gave me a free Synthetic Oil change I already ran 5k on the Kendall Full Syn 10w30. I Love there Synblend which is Factory fill for Honda & Motorcraft. I just dont trust the Firestone oil filter. The only reason why I took the oil change is because I can not find Edge Titanium anywhere
21.gif

P.S. my truck felt a little odd running 10w30 shes at 190K and Always used 5w30 till this day I never have to add a qt of oil in here!

Correction, kendall is NOT the factory fill for Honda and Ford.
Honda Genuine and Motorcraft are made by the same company but is NOT the same nor do they have as strong of an additive package as Kendall.

Walmart, APP, AZ all have Edge EP/Ti here.

What's the main differences between Ti Edge and Syntec Edge....base oil,add pack,etc,if there was a side by side comparison?

I've been reading good things about this oil, also. It's surprising because on BITOG, it does not seem very popular. I am looking to give it a try.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
What's the main differences between Ti Edge and Syntec Edge....base oil,add pack,etc,if there was a side by side comparison?

Edge Ti has a 15k gaurentee, edge does not. Edge does not have TI, edge with Ti does. Edge does not have secret sauce, edge ti does.

And I will add to what volk06 said, the Edge Ti is also incredibly shear stable. Several UOA's on here have bourne this out, although I wish we had more of them. Probably part of why they are able to market it for extended use.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

And I will add to what volk06 said, the Edge Ti is also incredibly shear stable. Several UOA's on here have bourne this out, although I wish we had more of them. Probably part of why they are able to market it for extended use.

Have you noticed edge turn the color of an engine to a gold color? Just curious because that's what the inside of my Taurus looks like but is a lot cleaner than when I bought it so I can't tell.

No the vehicle I've run it in doesn't give a very good view but what little I can see is still a shiny silver.

I bought some PP and PU on a smokin' Wally's and O'Reilly's clearance but when that's gone right back to gold bottle Edge for me.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
No the vehicle I've run it in doesn't give a very good view but what little I can see is still a shiny silver.

I bought some PP and PU on a smokin' Wally's and O'Reilly's clearance but when that's gone right back to gold bottle Edge for me.

Good to know. Thanks! I like looking through the hole and seeing shiny silver like it is with kendall but I can get the Edge EP easier.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Have you noticed edge turn the color of an engine to a gold color? Just curious because that's what the inside of my Taurus looks like but is a lot cleaner than when I bought it so I can't tell.

BP ran out of Castrol Orange? Sorry, couldn't resist.
wink.gif

Don't worry too much about Firestone filters. They are made by Champ labs, and many of their spin-on filters are made in the USA.

I am surprised that you can't find Castrol Edge Titanium anywhere. I am used to seeing it at Wal Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back