I bought some new snake oil. Whats in it?

Just got this Super Slick Slick Stuff at Lowe’s (it was on clearance at the local store here for $3.97), so i figured i would give it a try. Sprayed on Honda Odyssey sliding door tracks and rollers, and on garage door hinges, rollers. Will report back after a while to report how well it works. Most lubes make the mechanicals work better at least initially (i notice it, anyway), but often the benefits fade pretty quickly. Smells citronella like…kinda like a garage air freshener : ). Maybe Project Farm can run it in a lawn mower instead of motor oil to see how long it lasts.

Attachments

• EF2E25B5-F53E-4A73-A4A7-ECC353F0FD14.jpeg
    EF2E25B5-F53E-4A73-A4A7-ECC353F0FD14.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 13
Just got this Super Slick Slick Stuff at Lowe’s (it was on clearance at the local store here for $3.97), so i figured i would give it a try. Sprayed on Honda Odyssey sliding door tracks and rollers, and on garage door hinges, rollers. Will report back after a while to report how well it works. Most lubes make the mechanicals work better at least initially (i notice it, anyway), but often the benefits fade pretty quickly. Smells citronella like…kinda like a garage air freshener : ). Maybe Project Farm can run it in a lawn mower instead of motor oil to see how long it lasts.
So after a few days of testing (Odyssey sliding doors, garage doors, kitchen drawers, and HFT US General tool box drawers), this stuff appears to work pretty well, but there’s some odd behavior to highlight. As i mentioned in the original note (above), most lubes show an immediate benefit. This Super Slick Slick Stuff (i’m just going to call it S4) did not provide an immediate benefit, but after a few hours/days of sitting, it definitely works great. I sprayed the kitchen drawers since they were feeling “draggy”. The drawers still felt the same way during the usual post lube ”exercising”, so i was a bit disappointed in the lube. But after a day, wow, i almost pulled the drawer out of the cabinet and onto the floor. It is slick! Same with the HFT tool box drawers. Hopefully the lubrication performance lasts a long time. Not sure what’s in the can, but it seems to work quite well.

Back