I bought another Sonata

Off topic here, but I'm amazed at how green your lawns are and the abundance of trees
there. We just went through a "drought" here in August and our lawns were brown.

Umm the Hyundai...LS swap it.
That's what a $300+ water bill gets you in Phoenix :ROFLMAO:

They aren't bad cars
Most have clapped out suspension/sag, but KYB quick struts all around buttons them up
There was a recall on the brake light switch, rear subframe rust, and a 15y/150k warranty extension on the front seatbelt buckles
Check the VIN with your local dealer and see if it's all been done
I've seen a few in the scrap yards, so keep an eye out for a nice set of the alloys that came on the SE or Limited 👀

I’ve painted the wheels black, changed the filters and spark plugs, cleaned the throttle body, and installed a Jensen Apple CarPlay radio. Will move the microphone later, I was just too lazy. Also washed, clay barred, and spray waxed it.

F93EEC8C-5AC2-4483-AE59-D1CE0291FD88.jpeg

E232A25A-78B8-4679-859E-28B54A29E0A8.jpeg
E13D4673-AC0B-4EF3-AD77-5FFB70FBD96F.jpeg
24FED6F0-399A-4BAB-AB7B-307DB7CEC976.jpeg
5B3EF0DC-3564-4F2C-B2FA-1DCC40E52004.jpeg
21EFA76E-9376-45E1-B3F1-AB3B12C90103.jpeg

Yes, but did you change the oil???
My next door neighbor is a mechanic, and has serviced this car for a couple years. He actually changed the oil in April, 500 miles before Patty passed in June. So plenty of oil life left. It’s clean as a whistle down the oil fill cap.

Had no trouble with the same gen Optima with the same power train but different platform. Unlike later engines, this one was bulletproof. I look for steering wheel locks and other than my daughter and me, have only seen a single Elantra with one. Pretty sad since about 500 HynKia's were swiped in the City of St. Louis (pop now under 300K, for good reason) in a few weeks in August. Only one person charged since circuit attorney refuses to go after minors for non violent offenses. Used to smash through gun stores in outlying counties, but who cares cause it's just the Kia challenge. Anyway protect this car from the kids and it should do well.

These were good cars. Seemed to provide good service but all rusted out here.
Pretty sure these had mitsubishi engine and transmission and electronics.

Nope. This is the 2.4L world engine, not the solely Mitsubishi engine

These were good cars. Seemed to provide good service but all rusted out here.
Pretty sure these had mitsubishi engine and transmission and electronics.

Nope. This is the 2.4L world engine, not the solely Mitsubishi engine
Think they did a better implementation of the World Engine than Chrysler or Mitsu. Trying to squeeze out a bit more power and economy from the next gen car came at the cost of reliability,

Good job cleaning the sonata up! looks like a nice one.

Personally I would install oem 16 or 17 inch sonata rims and wire up oem fog lights just to complete the exterior look.

Do you have any other long term plans for this Sonata?

Good job cleaning the sonata up! looks like a nice one.

Personally I would install oem 16 or 17 inch sonata rims and wire up oem fog lights just to complete the exterior look.

Do you have any other long term plans for this Sonata?
I think this is mostly it. My sister will have her license early next year, so I'll let her drive it too. I've been driving it as it's good on gas, 1,000 miles down and no problems. Although I'd like to do the power steering fluid. The pump makes a tiny bit of noise in the morning.

Back