I borrowed my wife's car last night and got in a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Anduril
A few years ago I borrowed by grandpa's V8 Jeep, and proceded to get smoked by a Civic (not even an SI).

LMAO! OUCH!

I had a "line 'em up" light-to-light many many years back with my '87 GT T-Top (Mustang). A local Import group wanted to play. Every set of lights, they'd switch it up as to who was running me.

At the top of the road there's a coffee shop. We pulled in. They all began asking me how much Nitrous I was running, how much power it made....etc.

When they learned it was stock with exhaust, they wouldn't believe me. Popped the hood and let them have a gander. they were absolutely flabbergast
grin2.gif

Was a fun night, but not something that could ever be repeated nowadays.

Since we're tslking fun "fast" little cars I remember a friend having a 1985 Buick Skyhawk T-Type with the 1.8 Turbo and 4speed manual. That car produced 150hp (and was light)in a time when a Trans Am had about 200 so this little car was a real sleeper and we beat many an F-car and mustang. I had a 1985 Fiero 2M6 with the 140hp 2.8V6 that hung neck and neck with the Iroc-Z's of the day. This was all before I got my first REAL muscle car, my 87 Buick Grand National which I still have and cherish.

Anyhow - you guys remember the turbo charged Sprint (before name was changed to Metro)? That must have been a fun car too - only saw one in my entire life though.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Since we're tslking fun "fast" little cars I remember a friend having a 1985 Buick Skyhawk T-Type with the 1.8 Turbo and 4speed manual. That car produced 150hp (and was light)in a time when a Trans Am had about 200 so this little car was a real sleeper and we beat many an F-car and mustang. I had a 1985 Fiero 2M6 with the 140hp 2.8V6 that hung neck and neck with the Iroc-Z's of the day. This was all before I got my first REAL muscle car, my 87 Buick Grand National which I still have and cherish.

Anyhow - you guys remember the turbo charged Sprint (before name was changed to Metro)? That must have been a fun car too - only saw one in my entire life though.

There was also a Turbo Firefly I believe.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

There was also a Turbo Firefly I believe.

Yes, I think that was for the Canadian market. Adding to the thread some more -- you guys remember those Dodge Omni GLH's...that was a quick little car!

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
nice funny story, i was laughing throughout. Mission accomplished.

Thanks for the laugh

Agree. this was hilarious. Was this original with the OP?

I've seen it on other forums ages ago, though in that version it was a Metro vs. an old '70s Mercedes Diesel.

Somebody on another board is building an 89 Swift GT as an auto-x car. That thing looks comical but darn if it likely won't go like a bat outta you know where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back