I am torn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....say goodbye to that motor...let us know when the bearings seize...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1
grin2.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

I will say, it is MUCH smoother with the 5w40 in there. Eerily so actually.......

Fuel economy doesn't seem to be affected either.

No start-up noise with the ADBV on the Fleetguard filter either.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
grin2.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

I will say, it is MUCH smoother with the 5w40 in there. Eerily so actually.......

Did you have startup noise with 20wt and the MC filter?

Originally Posted By: toytundranator
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
grin2.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

Did you have startup noise with 20wt and the MC filter?

No, none.

Truck has had no start-up noise with any combo that has been on it, including whatever Fred's Home filter and oil combo that was on it when I bought it.

I just know that people sometimes complain about noise when not using the Motorcraft filter, so I made the point of mentioning the Fleetguard has not made it happen.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Better ditch that Wix then!

Speaking of filters, will be nice to see the inside of one of these glass filters after 10,000Km, which is all I plan on running this OCI for.

See what is (or isn't) in there.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
What's the advantage of the Fleetguard filter? I'm totally unfamiliar with them.

10 micron glass media.

That's why I bought a case of Donaldson filters for my 302's, as their media is the best.

BUT, Donaldson doesn't make a SYNTEQ filter for the Ford Modular engines, so I went with a Fleetguard who DOES use the glass media (Stratapore, looks identical to the Donaldson media and may in fact BE the same media) in a filter for the Modular engines.

So, what is the best glass media FL1-A alternative? Might give one a shot in the Mustang.

Why not 5w30 Mobil? Let everyone know how this goes. I am sure you will be fine. Why does it seem so many people think 5w20 is the only oil you can run in these modular motors. I love 5w30 Redline in my 4v, all you can hear is the injectors.

Originally Posted By: greymach
Why not 5w30 Mobil?

Probably because TDT is one [censored] bent for stout oil.

Last edited:
Thats a good point. Now not to steal a thread but what would you guys put in a 4v Mach motor with triple carbs. Its going in a 56 Ford pickup the oldman owns.

Originally Posted By: greymach
Why not 5w30 Mobil? Let everyone know how this goes. I am sure you will be fine. Why does it seem so many people think 5w20 is the only oil you can run in these modular motors. I love 5w30 Redline in my 4v, all you can hear is the injectors.

The TDT was used for the reason Ben mentioned; it is arguably Mobil's best product. This is the older CI-4+ formula, which was the same as Delvac 1.

Ok. Benn or Overkill what would you recommend in the engine above. It is basically a Mach motor bored out with a six pack setup from KARKRAFT. It was dynoed on 5w30. I dont know what brand, Pops out of town and cant get hold of him. I told him I would run a convenional 5w30 for the first 3,000 and switch to Redline. He tends to use a oil from a guy up north. The company is called Black Bear. Anyone ever hear of it.

Why anybody would want to put in 5w-40 in a modern Ford Modular V-8 engine in beyond belief! Do what the manual calls for 5w-20, & stop stressing about it! My 07 5.4 3v has been weined on Mobil-1 5w-20 since it's 1st oil change, & runs super smooth at 36,000 miles!......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back