I am sorry

Wait so who thinks this apology was directed towards them. Unless he just made a random apology.

BITOG=

A place with "more mature" people congregate to keep old cars running. OR-as I have coined "BITOG- A place where old cars come to die". I don't drink the Kool-Aid on here and I don't make apologies-unless I post something that is misunderstood, then I will apologize and move on. But it doesn't happen often.

Wait so who thinks this apology was directed towards them. Unless he just made a random apology.
My impression is that it's a general apology based on some pushback he received in the filter section. One example would be BISCUIT's thread:

I find that BITOG site to be a mature forum unlike many other sites where the members are filled with sarcasm, ridicule & bullying.
And many of those other sites that have members who have the nerve to criticize others, have no real guts to do it person because they know that they'd be spitting out their teeth. This is their way of showing just how(grown adults) immature they are like the 16 year old in the high school lunchroom..........I like BITOG for these reasons of it's mature members. Not perfect but, may in fact be the best automotive forum on the internet.
I too have found a forum that I used to love.. my participation (in other forum) has greatly decreased because, well, let's just say it, if you aren't one of the cool kids, you cant hang.. I've just about left that other forum, which shall not be named because, no reason, I've been winging it and doing [/i]ok.[/i]

This is probably the best forum on the Internet, if you can handle it.

I don't recall reading the post to which you're referring, but I do appreciate you taking the time to post this.

Cheers,
Astro
Astro wait till you get old and grumpy !!

Last edited:
The more I think of this and the more I think of the idea that you cannot have mature debate without someone being offended.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate here or not, so I'll give direction for anyone to find the speech I'm thinking about. Head over to YouTube and search for Rowan Atkinson Free Speech and watch that roughly 9 minute video.

People view him as a stooge having played Mr Bean and other work. But he's a rather intelligent man with some profound thoughts on the subject. His daughter's not too bad to look at either, FWIW.

Edited to add, I'm not looking to start a discussion about free speech here on BITOG as we are guests in the digital property of others. More of getting the idea that robust debate includes the very real potential to offend others.

There is a difference between offending and being a jerk about it.

I believe the rules here are intended and do a good job of keeping the debate civil. Attack the problem, don't attack people.

Last edited:
Lots of different personality types here. But we all get along like one big happy family. We have a great mod team that keeps all of us in line, and we all owe them many thanks!(y). I've been a mod on a music discussion forum, and it's no easy job. The site owner got fed up with it eventually and threw in the towel. This was way back in the Yahoo Groups days. Oh, and I've been sent to the Bahamas a few times:D

Lots of different personality types here. But we all get along like one big happy family. We have a great mod team that keeps all of us in line, and we all owe them many thanks!(y). I've been a mod on a music discussion forum, and it's no easy job. The site owner got fed up with it eventually and threw in the towel. This was way back in the Yahoo Groups days. Oh, and I've been sent to the Bahamas a few times:D
Not sure if you have ever heard it said, but.. you cannot choose your family.

I have to go buy a Supertech ST3600 before someone else does! Back later.. or tomorrow, it may be a long night lol.

Back