hyundai

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, forgive me if i missed it, but does anyone know who makes the hyundai oil filters? especialy the one for the 2.7 and 3.5 v-6 sante fe? 05' model. thanks, penzdude
blush.gif

thanks tim... do you think they would squawk if it came in for "thier" oil change at say, 3000, and saw a puro or wix? does the magnasuun, spelling? act pertain to filters as well as the oil? last thing i want is warranty issues. i can see if someone was using straight 60wt in a car designed for a 5-20 or 30, but as long s the filter is a cross referenced one from a major co. would they still have legs to stand on? thanks again, penz

Shoudn't be a problem. I would suspect 90% of teh cars on the road have afermarket filters on them. It does not have to be OEM, just has to meet OEM requirements...

thanks again, tim, and you as well, redneck! ouch. feel funny calling ya that! yeah, i saw where someone said they appeared to be well constucted, with plenty of media. good to know tim. i beleive i saw a tech bulletin someone had posted either here or elsewhere, that the hyundais were finiky w/ start up ticking and all with aftermarket filters {fram}
dunno.gif
but i have always had good luck with the puros, and there is a small parts store not far from here that sells the wixes. started using them on my bikes. thanks~

I did the filter and posted the TSB.

-

Basicaly it is saying to the dealer if you have a customer come in complaining of ticking, the first step is to check the filter and if aftermarket, replace with OEM. It is not saying you can't use aftermarket.

And here are a few images:

-

-

Vs ST 6607 (old recomended size, now has a new #)
 -

123 sq inches
 -

I got news for ya, folks. Hyundai filters aren't those big blue cans anymore. I bought one last week for my Havoline change, and it's the size of a PureOne PL14459, a tiny filter. It's blue, but tiny.

How long ago was the blue can from Hyundai/Kia purchased? The big element and metal endcaps look pretty good, but I dunno if that's what's in the thimble they sold me for six and a half dollars last week. Not as large in any case, not by a long shot. Go figure.
dunno.gif
Part number on this one I have is 26300-35502

Hmm, I have not bought any in a few months, but would be interesting if they went smaller since they have the TSB out.
I will ask around though.

edit: I just went and got one of my filters, it s a PN of 26300-35501, so yours is the newer version.

toocrazy, They are the same size as before.

-

From here.

Edit: Sorry, you have to be a member to view the post. The pic is from a parts counter guy in FL. It was a change in suppliers that changed the #, nothing internal is different.

Also, for the original poster (and others) Hyundai has only 1 canister oil filter for all Hyundai Engines.
I think someone said the new Sonata's have a cartridge type now?

just bought a couple of purolator L14459's at the local advance auto. look nice, but the size of the smaller blue hyudai's it appears..

I just picked up a couple on Monday, and they are the same size that they have always been.

They were always the same size as the 14459.

They are a VERY solid built filter.

Brian

Just checked, and mine are the new number.

Well, I just installed it (Hyundai OEM filter) on the car with 5W-30 Havoline, and 5 ounces of VSOT (heated the bottle of VSOT in a pan of boiling water and mixed it with a half-quart of Havoline, THEN added it this time). It gets real loose, that VSOT, when you get it to 200 degrees! This will be my first dino/OEM filter change in 5 years, instead of M-1/Fram. Cold start tapping has always driven me back to M-1.

Maybe this will fix it, who knows? Thanks for the pix of the Hyundai filters, guys. I'll post in the morning whether it makes any difference with cold starts.

Laters!

When I went to Wally world, ST changed filter sizes from 2001 to 2002. They went to the 7317 when I looked up an ’02 even though my brother has an ’01.

I"ve been using Hyundai Oil filters for a while and now I been using AAP FIlters. I have alot of them due to the sale. They work fine in my car.

I have never seen a 3593A filter @ Wal Mart, and don't know if ST makes a similar size one.
Fram had both the 6607 and 7317 listed for different model Hyundai's.
Fram's site lists 9688 for a 2003 Elantra, but a 7317 for a 2003 Tiburon, which has the same 2.0 motor? All 2004-2006 are 9688.

blupupher,

You have the Hyundai sitting side-by-side with a ST6607. Even though this is the size listed in the Wal Mart catalog, the ST3593a is the size that compares with the Hyundai OEM, as well as the 14459 purolators. For some reason, the Fram catalog changed to the ph6607 a few years ago, and apparently those that use the Fram numbering system followed suit. The thing that irritates me is that the really tiny Fram 6607 costs an extra $1 more than the larger 3593a (at least at my WalMart). Oh well, I guess that is the Fram way, charge more for less!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back