Hyundai Manufactering Plant Alabama Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry folks, no Camera allowed inside the factory.. Pictures were only allowed in the visitor's area. It tooks me 14 hours to drive from michigan to Alabama. I must say that Southern Women are so beautiful and kind. I love their accents too. I highly recommend everybody to tour this factory. It's soooo cool.

-

Sonata's Chassis
 -

Finished Product
 -

Very first Hyundai Santa Fe to be built in America
 -

-

-

Lamda V6 Engine. Both 3.3 and 3.8 V-6 were designed in-house by Hyundai
 -

Factory Worker's parking lot. you wouldn't believe how many Sonatas, Azeras and Santa Fes were there. They get a mad employee discount
 -

I think it was Modern Marvels on the History Channel that had a show on auto assembly lines. I do remember it was defintley on this history channel.

Anyway, on that show they said that Hyundia plant was the most high tech auto plant in the world. From what I saw on TV it was pretty impressive.

quote:

Factory Worker's parking lot. you wouldn't believe how many Sonatas, Azeras and Santa Fes were there. They get a mad employee discount

Either that, or they'd get fired or demoted if they were seen driving anything else.
smile.gif

Seriously though, car manufacturing plants are amazing. I've only seen them on TV. I really need to go tour one for myself one of these days...

Wow, Moribundman. I didn't know that I am on your ignore list.

Maybe I should of visited some German company to make you happy.

I put you on my ignore list when you still were posting as Korean Redneck. I told you back then I wasn't interested in your rants that you kept sending me in private messages. I'm a bit surprised Tony let you again register after kicking you out unceremoniously .

And for the record, if I were in the area, I'd take a tour at any car factory, including Hyundai.
smile.gif

well well well. I was going to apologize, but in big bold letters, it said "YOU HAVE BEEN PUT ON HIS IGNORE LIST, GO AWAY".

That just made me sad.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
HappyHyundai should have also visited the Mercedes-Benz plant in Vance, Alabama.
wink.gif

Have you visited the NUMMI plant in Fremont? It looks like they have some good tours now.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
No, I haven't gone down there yet. Will they give me a free Vibe coffee mug?
grin.gif

lol.gif
I doubt that much beyond the tour and parking is free. Tour times and info are in the NUMMI website.

I remember seeing them building that plant back in 2004 when I was in the Montgomery area...nice to see it finished!

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:
Are Vettes still made in Bowling Green? I'd love to see that one.

Yup. It's an old low production plant (about 40,000 cars/year) so doesn't have a lot of whiz bang robotics, but they do nice work and it's good looking operation.

quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:
I want to see the museum too so I can salivate all over myself. :)

All you have to do it buy a Corvette with the museum delivery option and you get a personal guided tour of the factory and museum and a new Corvette at the end of the tour.
grin.gif

The factory and museum are both worth a tour, even if you don't get the car.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back