Hyundai Accent 2008 Hatchback- Problem with Acceleration - Update

Hi again. Thanks for all the support and help in the previous post, and also this is an update on the current issue. I was able to change the PCV Valve and at least the sound on the engine went away. however I still have the acceleration issue. I was able to change the fuel pump since it wasn't that expensive, and for my surprise, it worked, the car had again power to accelerate, and I though I finally did fix my car, or so I though. After some days the car is losing again power to accelerate.

The car still do not accelerate as it used to be, I did take it to 2 mechanics, and both told me that they do not find any trouble codes and can't find to replicate the issue. I'm starting to think I'm getting crazy but I'm a very perceptive person, and I'm really sure something is going on. Not sure if it is like the Vapor canister or something related to the vapor elimination system or fuel delivery related to an injector or clogged lines. I'm going to take it to a Hyundai Dealer since I'm out of options. the Purge Valve solenoid and the Purge Canister were replaced some time ago as well.

I just went back and read your original thread on this issue. Since you saw some brief improvement with the fuel pump change, I'm leaning a bit toward fuel delivery problem.
Nowhere in your original thread did it mention changing the fuel filter, have you done that? Sometimes there is also a fuel screen (sock) on the fuel pump inlet inside the fuel tank. You need to rule that out.
Finally I'm back to injectors leaking or plugged, the fuel smell is troubling to me, you should track those things down immediately. Someone actually posted a reply on injectors, but they were never mentioned again.

Hi, I will check the sock. When I took out the old pump, the sock was so dirty, I bet it was one of the issues, but I will check if the fuel tank is actually dirty, I've been thinking this for a while since I have not opened it again since I replaced the pump. The filter in this model is outside the pump but attached to the inlet, here is a link to amazon that shows the same exact model for the pump. That pump is the one that I put in and was the exact same model when I took it out

I will order a new filter (the sock I believe it is called, not expert in cars anyway). And see if that actually resolves the issue when I replace it. Any recomendations when working with gasoline for a newb? I wear a mask to avoid the vapours a bit.

Make sure your in a well ventilated area not an enclosed workshop or garage. Make sure you have nothing in this area that can create a spark.

Has anyone checked to see if the readiness code is set? If it’s not set run the test plan via Diag computer to see if it resets or fails to set. If it fails what does it fail on?

It's a Hyundai Accent. It's supposed to be slow.

box-turtle.jpg

Back