HydroGear factory fill EZT-2200 UOA

A 2 year update on the hydrostatic oil analysis.
18g of Redline ZDDP got me to the 1200/1100 ppm Zn/P levels. My calculations were correct.

-0182 Napa 15w-50 added zddp 97hrs
-0078 Factory 20w-50 33hrs
Update: right (182) and left (384) transmission UOA

Attachments

• E55CAB7B-D9A5-4B0B-A4E0-5E3473AB0C42.jpg
    E55CAB7B-D9A5-4B0B-A4E0-5E3473AB0C42.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 21
Does this mean:
- The factory fill in the Zt-3100 is also Castrol 20w50? (synthetic)
- The mystery oil in the Hydrogear service kit is also a Castrol 20w50 synthetic?

Or is the Castrol only in the EZT-s because they are "non serviceable" hence
supposedly never replaced? How do we know what is in the EZT?

Some of the older manuals for Gravely/Ariens indicate the "recommended oil" is the Gravely 00057100 Synthetic, which is
really M-1 15W50. This does not mean that the ZT-3100 comes with that oil fill from the factory.

So now I am really intrigued about the Castrol 20w50 reference. Maybe there is a difference between Hydrogear's preferred factory fill, and the ZT equipment manufacturer's preferred fill.

The Gravely manual does state the factory fill is a 20W50, maybe that is a non-synthetic Castrol or M-1, used as a break-in oil.

Tundraotto, if you have more info on this, please share.

Some of the older manuals for Gravely/Ariens indicate the "recommended oil" is the Gravely 00057100 Synthetic, which is
really M-1 15W50. This does not mean that the ZT-3100 comes with that oil fill from the factory.

So now I am really intrigued about the Castrol 20w50 reference. Maybe there is a difference between Hydrogear's preferred factory fill, and the ZT equipment manufacturer's preferred fill.

The Gravely manual does state the factory fill is a 20W50, maybe that is a non-synthetic Castrol or M-1, used as a break-in oil.

Tundraotto, if you have more info on this, please tracking software share.
I want to try ZT fill

My Wright stander has individual pumps and motors, it specs M1 15-50 by name. My Ferris has ZT3400s and calls for 20-50 but it gets M1 15-50 as well.

Yes, it seems clear that the M1 15w50 synthetic is a good option for
this. It is mostly now gtl based, with some PAO and Esters added, fairly high zinc.
I have seen some other manufacturers' manuals call out the M-1 as well for the Hydrogear
trannys.

Question:
I have 25 hours on my Ariens Apex. I have the Zt-3100 hydros. The manufacturer call for trans fluid replacement at 50 hours, but the factory fluid looks pretty dark and murky to me ( I see it in the expansion tank) . Maybe that is OK, but I wonder if I should replace the fluid early, and then continue with the recommended 500 hour schedule. Or is there such a thing as ditching the break-in fluid too early?

Yes, it seems clear that the M1 15w50 synthetic is a good option for
this. It is mostly now gtl based, with some PAO and Esters added, fairly high zinc.
I have seen some other manufacturers' manuals call out the M-1 as well for the Hydrogear
trannys.

Question:
I have 25 hours on my Ariens Apex. I have the Zt-3100 hydros. The manufacturer call for trans fluid replacement at 50 hours, but the factory fluid looks pretty dark and murky to me ( I see it in the expansion tank) . Maybe that is OK, but I wonder if I should replace the fluid early, and then continue with the recommended 500 hour schedule. Or is there such a thing as ditching the break-in fluid too early?
I changed my 3400's about those same hrs and it was full of metal etc. Came out grayish color. I put some NAPA syn 15-50 in with some zinc additive. I have 100 hrs on it now and am thinking about changing it with Amsoil for ztr transmissions and leaving it in for a long time.

Back