Hydro-Gear ZT-2800s - What oil & what filter?

I'm just a home owner (where I use the Wright 36) and a Son-in-Law (where I use the Ferris).

My in-laws are in their mid 70s so their grass cutting production has trailed off over the years but the 13 acres of ex soybean field has remained...so I cut that with the Ferris, the suspension and suspension seat have been lifesavers. Local commercial mower dealer brought me a cheetah, a dixie chopper and a ferris to try out before I bought. They all had features I liked but the suspension sealed the deal for me. The ferris is a 2014 and has been issue free, has 200 hours on it now but they cut so fast that you really don't rack up the hours on one just being a homeowner.

I bought the Wright used, got a good deal on it because the engine was surging, ended up being an intake manifold air leak at the left cylinder head. Its a 2000 model with the fixed deck. That is ok with me because I only mow one yard with it. I put a mulch kit on the deck and use it at the main house, only half an acre but has lots of fences, gates, flower beds etc. It is a pull start Kawasaki 17HP, pretty simple machine, built like a tank, has 1700 hours on it now with no indication of any problems.
That’s cool.

Im intrigued by the stand-on lawn mowers.

Looked at them before I bought my Gravely ZTXL, but they’re a lot more expensive than the sit-down models, and I also wanted to be able to pull a spreader or small dump trailer.

That’s cool.

Im intrigued by the stand-on lawn mowers.

Looked at them before I bought my Gravely ZTXL, but they’re a lot more expensive than the sit-down models, and I also wanted to be able to pull a spreader or small dump trailer.
Rog, the standers are useless for anything except cutting grass. The appeal with them for the commercial guys is that you can fit more of them on the trailer and they generally weigh a good bit less than the same cut width ZTR (which matters in fuel expended to tow them from job to job). I'm not aware of a "residential grade" stander but residential ZTRs are everywhere now.
Also, the standers take some getting used to. My Wife and kids can all operate the Ferris ZTR fine but none of them can operate the Wright as the controls with the separated pumps and motors are much more responsive (which they term as "twitchy").

Rog, the standers are useless for anything except cutting grass. The appeal with them for the commercial guys is that you can fit more of them on the trailer and they generally weigh a good bit less than the same cut width ZTR (which matters in fuel expended to tow them from job to job). I'm not aware of a "residential grade" stander but residential ZTRs are everywhere now.
Also, the standers take some getting used to. My Wife and kids can all operate the Ferris ZTR fine but none of them can operate the Wright as the controls with the separated pumps and motors are much more responsive (which they term as "twitchy").
Technically zero turn mowers (even the sit down ones) are all meant for grass mowing. Yeah, many of them you can put hitches on, but they aren't really meant for towing heavy loads like a garden tractor would be.

I like the standing mowers because it makes a huge difference on my back standing vs. sitting and bouncing around over uneven ground. My current setup is just a 48" Exmark walk-behind but with a single wheel standing sulky and I love it. Very maneuverable and I can comfortably mow on it for hours. My Grandfather has a 61" Scag 3 wheel sit down zero turn, and after an hour or so of mowing my whole body hurts. That 3 wheel design seems to allow the offset seat to find all the holes.

Technically zero turn mowers (even the sit down ones) are all meant for grass mowing. Yeah, many of them you can put hitches on, but they aren't really meant for towing heavy loads like a garden tractor would be.

I like the standing mowers because it makes a huge difference on my back standing vs. sitting and bouncing around over uneven ground. My current setup is just a 48" Exmark walk-behind but with a single wheel standing sulky and I love it. Very maneuverable and I can comfortably mow on it for hours. My Grandfather has a 61" Scag 3 wheel sit down zero turn, and after an hour or so of mowing my whole body hurts. That 3 wheel design seems to allow the offset seat to find all the holes.
My grandfather also had one of those original Scag 3-wheel zero-turns. At the time, you couldn’t beat it!

Hey guys figured I ask here, I'm having a very hard time finding filters to fix my zt-3100 transaxles, the joys of living in Canada. none of the dealers in my province have ****, I did find one place 3 hour round trip, that has toro branded filter's 1093321, for $60 a piece. online I'm even very limited.

Has any of you heard of these

Woniu 2 Pack Oil Filters Replace Hydro-Gear 52114​

or

HYA 2 Pack Oil Filters for 52114​

I can get either of those online for about $38 for the pair

I can order wix SL10102 filters out of the states through rock auto, probably be about $60 for the pair, but a couple weeks wait.

I read on here about NAPA having filters, I called them but without a part number they know ****, Does anyone know the NAPA filter part number.

Also just at add about oil in my Ariens book it only mentions 15w50 full synthetic for oil.

Anyhow any help or info on filters would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211212 V-Ride II.jpg
    20211212 V-Ride II.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230429.jpg
    20230429.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230513.jpg
    20230513.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 6
Hey guys figured I ask here, I'm having a very hard time finding filters to fix my zt-3100 transaxles, the joys of living in Canada. none of the dealers in my province have ****, I did find one place 3 hour round trip, that has toro branded filter's 1093321, for $60 a piece. online I'm even very limited.

Has any of you heard of these

Woniu 2 Pack Oil Filters Replace Hydro-Gear 52114​

or

HYA 2 Pack Oil Filters for 52114​

I can get either of those online for about $38 for the pair

I can order wix SL10102 filters out of the states through rock auto, probably be about $60 for the pair, but a couple weeks wait.

I read on here about NAPA having filters, I called them but without a part number they know ****, Does anyone know the NAPA filter part number.

Also just at add about oil in my Ariens book it only mentions 15w50 full synthetic for oil.

Anyhow any help or info on filters would be much appreciated.

Thanks
The NAPA filter number is in this thread… it’s 400102.

Back