Hydro Gear Transmission Filter

My Hydro Gear calls for a Simplicty 1719168. It says 10 microns. I have a Hydro Gear Commercial 51563 sitting on my shelf. I cannot remember if
it is for my Z-Turn. I lam assuming it is as I purchased it in 2018. I am changing a hydraulic hose and consequently the filter and oil. Should I purchase another Simplicity or use the Hydro Gear?

I guess I could call Hydro Gear tomorrow. Any ideas?

Are the Rotary filters any good? Or are these different filter variant made by the same co? The Rotary brand seems a bit pricey. I was looking for filtering efficiency data, and all it lists is "25 microns" without any further explanation. If given, the efficiency is usually 2 things: The "Down to whatever microns" paired with the % filtering efficiency down to that particle size. For example 95% down to 20 microns is pretty good, 99% at the same size or smaller is very good. So this lonesome "micron number" is kinda meaningless. Anybody has anything further on what they mean by that micron rating?

Given that there is no combustion (no blow by, no ashes) and no dust from the air getting in (no intake),
what is the type of contamination are we filtering in a Hydro?

Are we filtering mostly tiny metallic wear particles? I have just received a couple of Hydrogear branded filters,
and they are tiny! My reaction was "seriously? these are supposed to last 400 hours?".
I was expecting to see "Made in Liliput" on them.
In "car terms" that would be something like 20K - 24K miles. There must not be a tremendous amount of contaminants
captured by those filters, if they can last that long.

Yes there filtering tiny metallic wear particles so these small filters work just fine, I just changed mine on my G730 Hydro gear and cut it open, looked fine like new and that had 200ish hrs.

Back