Hydraulic Fluid in GM PS?

I have several GM R&P systems to flush and GM-spec fluid is $$$ around here.

What are the thoughts on using AW32 or AW46 which we stock in pails?

Steering is just a hydraulic system after all.

(covers head)

i just used a scrap swig of old power steering fluid and leftover trans fluid. 318k on the original ps and its still just fine and dandy.

I have several GM R&P systems to flush and GM-spec fluid is $$$ around here.

What are the thoughts on using AW32 or AW46 which we stock in pails?

Steering is just a hydraulic system after all.

(covers head)
I guess you never got a solid answer on this. I have a gallon of lSO-32 hydraulic oil, and want to change my PSF l wonder just how different lSO-32 hydraulic oil is compared to fluid sold as PSF?

I guess you never got a solid answer on this. I have a gallon of lSO-32 hydraulic oil, and want to change my PSF l wonder just how different lSO-32 hydraulic oil is compared to fluid sold as PSF?
I ended up using the AW46 I had around. No issues so far.

Some of the older GM pumps would whine like a banshee when using overly thick and/or non synthetic fluids.

And, unknown how similar the seal compatibility is... but wager probably not an issue for a 'name brand' or reputable product.

For a winter or colder climate, I'd probably take a 32 over a 46, and either if synthetic.

You'll find out soon enough if your choice was good enough for your vehicle and weather.

Some of the older GM pumps would whine like a banshee when using overly thick and/or non synthetic fluids.

And, unknown how similar the seal compatibility is... but wager probably not an issue for a 'name brand' or reputable product.

For a winter or colder climate, I'd probably take a 32 over a 46, and either if synthetic.

You'll find out soon enough if your choice was good enough for your vehicle and weather.
Doesn't get cold often here. So far so good. I have a new pail of synthetic aw32 I will try in future

Back